free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit HC Project - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Lotus Esprit HC but unfortunately arrived without the all important sunroof! I am now currently on the hunt for a replacement  so any information on where I can purchase one would be grately appreciated or if anyone has one for sale please let me know. Cash waiting and willing to pay the going rate. More information and photos of the restoration to follow! 

Many thanks,

Neil

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is it a turbo or the naturally aspirated one? I have an NA waiting to be restored which has a sunroof - if borrowing it was of any help you can let me know, but I obviously can't spare it on a permanent basis.

Look forward to the pics.

56 minutes ago, NeilWood04 said:

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Lotus Esprit HC but unfortunately arrived without the all important sunroof! I am now currently on the hunt for a replacement  so any information on where I can purchase one would be grately appreciated or if anyone has one for sale please let me know. Cash waiting and willing to pay the going rate. More information and photos of the restoration to follow! 

Many thanks,

Neil

Is that the white one that was advertised quite recently Neil? Any photos for us to drool over😉

Funny thing is - when that very car was initially advertised last year - I tried in vain to buy it. It was missing the sunroof at that very stage

That’s looking great - steering wheel needs binned though😉 Congrats although I see it’s not your first👏🏻

Yes the steering wheel will be replaced with an original as not too keen on the wood effect either! Next thing will be the engine out.

• Like 1

Great work,  glad to see that car finally getting some love :thumbup:

• Like 1

Watching with interest :) What chassis is it? (if I can ask)

49 minutes ago, nello said:

Watching with interest :) What chassis is it? (if I can ask)

1986 Turbo HC Galvanised Chassis 

I think he means the number Neil👍

• Like 1

Great to see this car being resurrected! Saw the advert and very tempted by this car however being realistic it was beyond my capabilities and garage space to take on such a project. Really pleased to see the car in good hands and look forward to seeing progress on it. Please let me know if you decide to part with it once she's on the road !!!

Do I see the usual broken engine mount bolt in the top RHS hole, or is it an illusion?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigfella70 said:

Great to see this car being resurrected! Saw the advert and very tempted by this car however being realistic it was beyond my capabilities and garage space to take on such a project. Really pleased to see the car in good hands and look forward to seeing progress on it. Please let me know if you decide to part with it once she's on the road !!!

Hi,

We did buy it with the intention to restore and then sell on so will keep you updated with progress and let you know when we are ready for selling. Many thanks 

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Do I see the usual broken engine mount bolt in the top RHS hole, or is it an illusion?

Have had a look at this and it isn’t broken and has been helicoiled at some point 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWood04 said:

Hi,

We did buy it with the intention to restore and then sell on so will keep you updated with progress and let you know when we are ready for selling. Many thanks 

Have had a look at this and it isn’t broken and has been helicoiled at some point 

Good news. Mine was snapped off. Does the carb turbo have the steel strap that goes over that top bolt up to the plenum?

Drivers side fuel tank is now out. Looking considerably worse for wear! Passenger side fuel tank is next however looks much better!

6009D130-9ACE-434B-9A25-F499E47E9D4B.jpeg

7661AF83-B813-4081-87DD-13CBD3ACC3B6.jpeg

09BA9E1D-03B2-4553-8BB2-BC9F79BF6C05.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Jeez oh - scary looking corrosion there. Why did they insist on putting water retaining sponge on them top and bottom......crazy. Great to see another Esprit being returned to former glory though👏

• Like 1

Horrible things ,  get some alloy ones in there :thumbup:

Looking very clean Neil, you've done an amazing job there. Any issues found with the engine that required attention? 

5 hours ago, bigfella70 said:

Looking very clean Neil, you've done an amazing job there. Any issues found with the engine that required attention? 

No issues found so far. Done all the usual checks such as new belts fitted, removed sump and checked all bearings which all looked good. Engine was stripped, cleaned, resprayed cam covers + plenum chamber. More photos will be added tomorrow as hoping to get engine back in car tomorrow

• Like 1

Engine looks fantastic Neil,   All very nice to see when all the freshy cleaned and re condtioned/serviced parts start to get fitted back into the car during a resto :)

Keep up the great work :thumbup:

• Like 1