free hit
counters
Lotus Store closure Regent Street? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
tim_marra

Lotus Store closure Regent Street?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's Halloween ...scary past

Image result for dany bahar

I was past there yesterday evening after normal hours and yes the shop had completely empty shelves. A few garments on a rail or two and the yellow Elise in the back room was the only things inside. Looked “Out of business” for sure. Only a paper notice on the door saying ‘temporary shop hours - Tuesday to Saturday’ I think. 

Never anyone in it the few times I went in I was the only one. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

It can work, so Geely could always revisit the idea in a few years time if the brand is better known by then. I popped in to the Renault store on the Champs Elysées, Paris last Saturday afternoon. It was very busy with mechandise hunters, with a few cars (old and new) on display on the ground floor and a restaurant and kids Lego play area upstairs. This is the window display car.

Em1Msr6.jpg

The Regent Street store was just an embarrassment. The staff clearly couldn’t be bothered trying to sell anything when I went in a couple of years ago. They were more interested in their mobile phones than talking to customers. 

• Like 1

I only went in there once - last year or maybe the year before (time flies).

Was very surprised to see it there - and looked like it must have been costing an arm and a leg to maintain.

However, I actually can see there sense in having it there - all the tourist's etc; so if you look at it as a form of advertising - maybe it kind of made sense.

Maybe, once the influence of Geely is fully felt, more of a go could be made of it?

Edited by KAS-118

I went in there once, under Bahar - before I had any real involvement in Lotus, and back then I was curious how they could even afford such a store.

The last couple of visits were absolutely heartbreaking - I felt it was a PR disaster right in the heart of our capital an I thought spending a little on making it look nice would have been a wise thing to do..... but seeing as they could not be arsed I am glad it's now closed.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com