free hit
counters
A very.... ehrm... "special" review of the Esprit V8. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Jacques

A very.... ehrm... "special" review of the Esprit V8.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hilarious, thanks for posting.  There are some great lines in that "review"/rant 🤣

• Like 1

That was turbotastic.  Particularly the bit where he ‘digresses’ others’ comments. What a wordsmith. Loved it.   

Of course the Esprit is 85% to an American. They are 150% of a normal person, so stands to reason.

Best Esprit article ever.  I hope my car is as interesting when it finally explodes from the garage, which is currently uncoupling half the slip dif (it doesn’t actually have one) and disconnecting the rear wheels while adding in much needed errant turbo lag (doesn’t have two of those either), so that it travels down the road like an excitable terrier dragging its arse while drinking warm tea and yapping uncontrollably at aloof lady dogs, who are generally put off by terriers and their excitable arse dragging, and subsequent catching fire (he didn’t mention that) antics.

Who said you can overdo a metaphor?  Not this guy!  Obvs.

Awesome!

That is as funny as...but unfortunately not entirely true.

I've just been out to test the 85% theory, and according to my calculations it should be 125%,  I can get 4 fingers and a thumb in the door handle.

I would be interested to know, what is this "gentleman's" preferred car? 

85%? Every time I've gotten in an Esprit I've gone "Christ this is much bigger than you expect"

• Like 1

As to how I found this hilariously funny "review", it's simple enough: I just foogled "esprit" and then chose Pictures amongst the results, scrolled Down and clicked on a specific Picture, which happened to be posted by this über bright Young man.

He simply sprays a long unbroken cascade of superlatives and positiveness out of his mouth. Impressive, to say the least. A true master with a feather and ink. He puts all of the collective army of superb reviewers to shame in just one short article. Who can possibly up his extreme level of exalted virtously sublimeness on a lingual level? It's so funny in it's own right being so far out, that it can brighten a dark autoumn sky; it may nearly even heal the sick and lift the deceased with a pure and good healthy laughter. This wonders of wonder very clearly aspires to take over the second generation topgear video series. With ease, I may remark.

For a humble modest illeterate person like me, I can only begin to fathom what he may write, if he ever tested a bad car?

So, if you happen to know something similarely, please be kind enough to post it. Long dark evenings all through the Winter, demands a good story to be told around the fireplace (not the Esprit, that is)..

Kind regards,

Jacques

First time my friends saw my Esprit S3, they said it was far smaller than they expected. I wasnt offended at all, actually rather pleased that it was neat yet still highly styled.

It is now sat in the garage next to the DS23 and its half the size max!

SO  I think the guy is correct yet wrong in the negativity attributed as a result. He is clearly tainted for some reason unclear to us. 

Does it make anyone on here unhappy with what they have? No, I suspect.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

I think you would find the Esprit V8 a rather different car.

And this is not about size, it's about the Whole Picture this socalled writer claims. As I mentioned, it's so bad, that it's actually funny. I had a good long laugh, and I was entertained. I don't see anything boring going on in his "review", actually quite the opposite. Good fun, but of course rather tragic from a review standpoint. The Esprit V8 was never such a bad car. Not by any standards. If one should say something about the Esprit, it might be that it's a very personally developed car, an idiosyncratic statement in it's own right. And very charming and a superb drive. The Esprit is much greater than the sum of it's parts, much bigger than the sum of it's shortcomings and extensive good sides. And one have to have it and drive it for quite some time to ingest it to it's full potential.

Kind regards,

jacques

• Like 1

The worst thing that could happen to this little topic is if it turned into a serious conversation 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see this more as a fun expression of different viewpoints. but none the less, yes, there is a consequence if one dare to write ones oppinion on a specific matter making a review of a car, say the Esprit V8.

This "review" of the Lotus Esprit V8 is mostly characterised by an unbelievably high amount of some statements that is either an outright lie or an expression of an exorbitant amount of incedents which is so far out rare to happen all at the same time, that someething is amiss here in the "review".

One being of course, the way of taking a single experience and making it into an absolute truth.

Another one being the almost abnormal tendency to focus solely in matters that are perceived as wrong, bad or otherwise negative.

A third being the seemingly complete lack of objectivity by interpolating ones own percievements as a scale of measurements being the standard of which everythng is measured by others.

Personally, I find it rather funny, because of the above stated reasons amongst others, and also because it's so far fetched, that I almost wept a tear in compassion for the poor guy who couldn't see an inch beyond his own nose, leading to such a catastrophically bad review. Not because of the Esprit V8 being a bad car og a good car, but because of the level of lack of integrity.

I at least, had good fun.

Bring it on!

Kind regards,

Jacques

I didn’t like the review/rant.

Mind you, I’ve never owned a V8, so........................

Even more so, if one have had or still have a V8. I am sure he would have written something very similar, had it been a 4 cylinder model. To me, it is funny, because it's so unrealistic. Or as they say over there: surreal.

Kind regards,

jacques