free hit
counters
Harrop TVS1900 video - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stubox

Harrop TVS1900 video

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Want!

Any idea who’s going to be offering this in the UK and when?

Hoffman are the UK supplier. @Randy is who you’ll want to speak to. 

Wow, some really impressive, but unfortunately ‘gearbox busting’ power numbers here.

Its a massive shame because this would be such an incredible platform at ~500whp. I reckon the chassis (with some nitrons) can take it. It’s just the gear box...😞

Edit: also no e85 in the UK. Double sad face emoji.

Edited by BfranklynV6

I believe 2bular are supplying their first kit this week.... TVS1900, Charge Cooled SC and I believe new ECU copes with different fuels....

2bular, Mark? The exhaust chap?

what does the ex460 komotec kit produce at the hubs? and what does a cup 430 produce at the hubs? just trying to get a comparison in my mind. 

my 350 going form 288bhp to 400bhp by just installing this 1900 sound like a must do upgrade - assuming that is also within the gearbox's safe boundaries.

I appreciate it is a bit 'wet finger, and stick in the air' comparison, but how does RWHP compare to flywheel BHP? According to my man maths, at the flywheel the TVS1900 would give 401BHP and 313ft/lb torque??

I would says the same rougly, which is actually what has been measured by people already having the 1900 ... Anyway, that's mega, even if indeed, gearbox will deserve attention .. but stupid question, that SC placement and cooling, engine bay might be cooler then maybe ? 

I'm no fussed too much about figures, my @rse dyno suggests the TVS1900 delivers more than my man maths suggest. And I have driven a 400 manual before which didn't feel much quicker than my then standard S, using the same uncalibrated @arse. I'd still be interested to know some reliable figures though.

29 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

I'm no fussed too much about figures, my @rse dyno suggests the TVS1900 delivers more than my man maths suggest.

Sounds like every TVS1900 owner 😬

I think the TVS1900 feels quicker than it’s total power figure to a lot of people because it’s producing tons of torque up until 5-6krpm.

I fancy this on my 380

@GFWilliams what would your ex460 make roughly at the wheels? Is this new charge cooled 1900 a direct competitor to your set up?

My car was measured at 414.4 whp and a calculated 463.6PS at the crank, done on a similarly warm day in Mendig.

Whether the charge cooled 1900 is a competitor isn't really clear to me to be honest, and there are quite a few questions:

- What exhaust system are they running?  It doesn't sound like a stock system to me. 

- What air intake are they using?  Looks like a stock airbox on the 400hp car, which is very restrictive (open it and you'll see!)

- Why is a TVS1900 required, when I can get 460hp with the standard TVS1320?  The TVS1320 is clearly capable up to the power I'm running, so what's the benefit of a TVS1900?  A new supercharger is quite a big cost when you can get to that power without having to replace it?

- Komo-tec suggests that the limit of the gearbox is 460hp and around about 480nm. For their 500hp package, Komo-tec suggest changing the gearbox to a sequential unit.

- If you have to change the manifolds, change the cat and change the airbox to get to decent power, from a cost point of view, surely you're best off doing it with a stock TVS1320?   If you want more power than 460hp, see point above... 

- Does anyone know costs or what is actually included? 

• Like 2

What I do know is my upgrade is bloody marvellous.  I really don't see any point in more power for UK roads :driving:

:bustedcop:

• Like 1

I think the point of the TVS1900 SSC is that it’s bolt on (bolt off), no exhaust changes or intercooler/pipes, and in terms of road performance it’s not far off the ex460.

On track, probably a different story given it will heat soak and there is less power at the top end.

I can’t see the point of the charge cooled TVS1900, unless doing the engine build too. 

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

My car was measured at 414.4 whp and a calculated 463.6PS at the crank, done on a similarly warm day in Mendig.

Whether the charge cooled 1900 is a competitor isn't really clear to me to be honest, and there are quite a few questions:

- What exhaust system are they running?  It doesn't sound like a stock system to me. 

- What air intake are they using?  Looks like a stock airbox on the 400hp car, which is very restrictive (open it and you'll see!)

- Why is a TVS1900 required, when I can get 460hp with the standard TVS1320?  The TVS1320 is clearly capable up to the power I'm running, so what's the benefit of a TVS1900?  A new supercharger is quite a big cost when you can get to that power without having to replace it?

- Komo-tec suggests that the limit of the gearbox is 460hp and around about 480nm. For their 500hp package, Komo-tec suggest changing the gearbox to a sequential unit.

- If you have to change the manifolds, change the cat and change the airbox to get to decent power, from a cost point of view, surely you're best off doing it with a stock TVS1320?   If you want more power than 460hp, see point above... 

- Does anyone know costs or what is actually included? 

The non-charge cooled is about £6,500 including fitting according to Hoffmans http://hofmanns.co.uk/supercharger/

The Komo-tec 430hp kit is £5080 at today’s exchange rate.    Not sure who in their right mind would pay £6500 for less power...

I'm sure both the Komo-tec and SSC TVS1900 are very well engineered packages - and I think its good that there are 2 different ways of achieving performance improvements on your Lotus.

What ultimately suits one person may not be the preferred option for another.

I'm just happy that both exist - its great to have a choice 🙂

For me, I wasn't keen on the KT 430 as it further max'd out the oem set up. The TVS alternative appeared to offer the same performance (as the KT430) but with less effort as the bigger SC would not be working so hard, and as such might maintain peak performance for longer runs. Yes it is great we have a choice.

I'd think the KT CC may be better on a very hot day in the UK, but for nearly all the time the TVS1900 will do just fine as is. I'm sure they're latest version is epic though.

I've also heard that the KT430 is a 'dyno queen' :sofa:

KT460 will be going on mine, well proven kit with lots of end users......

cheers

10 hours ago, Arun_D said:

2bular, Mark? The exhaust chap?

Yes mate.

I have been chewing over which upgrade to go for and this came out in conversation.

• Like 2

Mark, what stopped you going for this option and made you definitively choose the kt route?  

I have messaged Jim to discuss it as a package, hoping that will be easier than spending 3 hours on the phone to him 😂