free hit
counters
Errors on an Alfa!! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I have an Alfa 159 3.2 Q4, shortly after buying the car it showed a Engine light on the dash. It has a hole in the exhaust on Bandaging this up the light could be cleared.

The light has now come back, the exhaust is again blowing

I have put a code reader on and have the following errors

P0019 Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 2 Sensor B)
P2416 Fuel Injector Group “A” Supply Voltage Circuit/Open
P0505 Idle Control System Malfunction
P0520 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Malfunction

Would any of these be due to the exhaust blowing? I can get the exhaust fixed properly, but I'm confused why a blowing exhaust would cause these errors and throw a light on the dash. I don't want to waste money on the exhaust if there is another issue?

P0520 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Malfunction I have purchased a new sensor to fit.

Thanks for the help.  I'm asking on here as the Alfa Forum is not a lot of help!!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Admittedly, it has got a fair bit quieter on there since the Alfabook group set up on Facebook but have faith and hopefully somebody will come to your aid. Failing that, you could always stick it on h

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, red vtec said:

......I'm asking on here as the Alfa Forum is not a lot of help!!

Give them a chance mate - it's less than an hour since you posted on there.

I don't have any real knowledge on the 'GM' V6 - all mine were Bussos and my 159 was a 1750TBi, but it is a fount of all knowledge on there so I'm sure somebody will be along in due course to help you out, :thumbup: .

No I mean when I ask on there I tend to get hardly any replies when its a tech question, I find the Lotus guys a lot more hands on. I've asked on the Alfa site before about the issue.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Admittedly, it has got a fair bit quieter on there since the Alfabook group set up on Facebook but have faith and hopefully somebody will come to your aid. Failing that, you could always stick it on here I suppose : https://www.facebook.com/groups/alfabook.alfaromeo/about/ and you might strike lucky.

• Like 1