free hit
counters
Speed bumps and ramps - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Nathan Pitman

Speed bumps and ramps

So less than a day into ownership and I’ve just crunched the front lip of my Cup 220 on a ramp between floors in a car park. Made it up the first two ramps no problem, think I just got the angle wrong on the third. 

This car is way lower than I realised and much much lower than the Evora I’ve just come from. Going to have to do an exploratory trip to work to check I will actually be able to get into the car park on Monday without wrecking my car. 🙈

Fortunatley just some wicked scratching on the underside of the composite lip. Nothing visible unless you are crawling around on the floor and I’m sure it won’t be the last time. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Never managed to crunch mine, I'm actually surprised at just how much clearance there is :)

I'm still paranoid though, my splitter is carbon so I dread to think what the replacement cost would be :shock:

Apart from your grounding problem what do you think of the car so far?

Edited by duncx

@duncx absolutely love it, even the undignified exits. There are a lot of little details that make it feel more considered than the Evora 400, which is weird but pleasantly surprising.

In time you will be able to slide in and out of the car gracefully and even maybe look cool doing it.   :cool:

Getting in and out of the passenger seat is a different story :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drove to work this afternoon to check I could actually get over the speed bump at the entrance. The guy on the gate stood there and said there was no way I would clear it, i got out and had a look and thought ‘shit - I can’t drive my new car to work’.

I decided to give it a go in the hope that the front wheel would mount the start of the bump before the front lip hit the peak of it. Cleared it with only mm to spare according the the guy on the gate. Phew!

:D

Have you tried driving over them diagonally? This allows the wheel to hit before the splitter.  

I do this on my 111s with a later splitter added. 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2018 at 17:50, duncx said:

I'm still paranoid though, my splitter is carbon so I dread to think what the replacement cost would be :shock:

Let me help you with that...

The main part is £2,135+vat

The winglets which are the tiny small parts which sit either side are £1,035+vat each

The ever smaller little nostrils (which integrate the splitter to the front clam are £327+vat each

Therefore if you wanted to replace a carbon splitter the total cost is a staggering £5,830

Don't break it!

Sooner Winace or HKfever get one developed...