free hit
counters
Newbie questions - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stewie177

Newbie questions

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Black rubber strip was only on the cars with the older style front clam.

The car looks amazing, carry on enjoying!

Congrats on the ride!

In regards to the rubber under the front lip, i have it on my 430 cup. I noticed it's not there on the 410 for some reason (at least on the press photos they did) - not sure why. It is quite lower than that of the 380 cup though, it scrapes everywhere.

I feel the same way about radio 😀

Very nice, although I guess I’m biased with the colour choice!

For questions.

Rubber, I’ve not fitted to s3 wheels for winter and probably won’t. If it’s your daily they are great, I had winter rubber on my previous s2 S and would happily carry on going past all the 4wd cars in the snow. 

Rubber Lip: not fitted to 410 as you have a grp splitter I believe. The 430 has a carbon splitter around 10mm thick, this allows the rubber lip to be fitted by screwing in. The grp on the 410/350 is about 2mm thick with curved edge so there is not enough to screw into. That was the case with the 410s if seen so far, so would need a bracing plate or move to carbon.

Head Unit: One of the worst cases of user design I’ve seen for years. It lasted a few hours in mine before being binned.

12 hours ago, Ali tuck said:

Very nice...I do like the blacked out look..what model is that?

It's a 410 in dark metallic grey

1 hour ago, MrP_ said:

Very nice, although I guess I’m biased with the colour choice!

For questions.

Rubber, I’ve not fitted to s3 wheels for winter and probably won’t. If it’s your daily they are great, I had winter rubber on my previous s2 S and would happily carry on going past all the 4wd cars in the snow. 

Rubber Lip: not fitted to 410 as you have a grp splitter I believe. The 430 has a carbon splitter around 10mm thick, this allows the rubber lip to be fitted by screwing in. The grp on the 410/350 is about 2mm thick with curved edge so there is not enough to screw into. That was the case with the 410s if seen so far, so would need a bracing plate or move to carbon.

Head Unit: One of the worst cases of user design I’ve seen for years. It lasted a few hours in mine before being binned.

Thanks Paul 

Can you recall what the tyres were?

Thanks for the insight on the splitter, I will have a nosey and see if there is GRP underneath, but it's mostly CF

2 hours ago, Stewie177 said:

It's a 410 in dark metallic grey

Thanks Paul 

Thanks for the insight on the splitter, I will have a nosey and see if there is GRP underneath, but it's mostly CF

If it is CF, then you need part number A138U0246K plus skrivets and tape. Have a look here.

https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=11551&MAK=1&MDL=42&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0 

For some reason only seems standard on 430.

Tyres let me check, but wheel sizes were different I think. Should have the old email somwhere as it was a few years back

Edited by MrP_

Awesome looking 410 Exige.

Very 'discrete'... very nice!

Enjoy.... and who needs a radio anyway! 😎

7 hours ago, pete757 said:

Awesome looking 410 Exige.

Very 'discrete'... very nice!

Enjoy.... and who needs a radio anyway! 😎

Thanks Pete. I had the 410 stickers removed too!

Another one..

I do you know when the oil is warm?

I have done some number crunching (based on specific heat capacity and straight lines of heat output from the engine) and I get to 10minutes over the water teamp being at 85degrees - does that resonate with most people.

(Apologies I had to make some major assumptions)

10 hours ago, Stewie177 said:

Tyres used on the last s2 I had were Pirelli Snowsports on the front, Sottozero on the rear. I’m sure there are better now, but the s3 tyre sizes make things tricky

5 minutes ago, Stewie177 said:

Another one..

I do you know when the oil is warm?

I have done some number crunching (based on specific heat capacity and straight lines of heat output from the engine) and I get to 10minutes over the water teamp being at 85degrees - does that resonate with most people.

(Apologies I had to make some major assumptions)

It sounds about right, but it’s a guess as there is no oil temp measured frustratingly. It’s a winter project for me to fit back in, need to find a tap point or might change to a baffled sump. 

10 hours ago, MrP_ said:

Tyres used on the last s2 I had were Pirelli Snowsports on the front, Sottozero on the rear. I’m sure there are better now, but the s3 tyre sizes make things tricky

Winter Tyres (All models)
Type - Front Pirelli 210 SottoZero Serie II 
 - Rear Pirelli 240 SottoZero Serie II 
Size - Front 205/45 R17 - 88V M+S 
 - Rear 235/40 R18 - 95V M+S 
Pressure (cold)
 - Front 2.3 bar (33 lb/in²)
 - Rear 2.6 bar (36 lb/in²)
Tyre studding Not permitted
Tyre chains RUD-matic Classic R48493 snow chains, fitted only on the rear, and only on the approved winter tyres.

Winter Wheels
Type Cast alloy 5-bolt fixing                       
Size - Front 7.5J x 17H2 ET26.3
 - Rear 8.0J x 18H2 ET14.4
Inset - Front + 26.0 mm
 - Rear + 14.4 mm

It says cast wheels, I'm sure there is no reason the forged wheels can't be used with winter tyres?   I have mounted my winter tyres to the cast wheels as I wanted my forged wheels to be kept pristine though.

1 minute ago, GFWilliams said:

It says cast wheels, I'm sure there is no reason the forged wheels can't be used with winter tyres?

It's an OEM fitment, I guess they just keep it less expensive. I can't see any reason why would it be not ok to use forged wheels in the winter, other than keeping them undamaged. OEM fitment is also less wide tyres and wheels in the rear, which makes a lot of sense in the winter time.

5 hours ago, vd9 said:

Winter Tyres (All models)
Type - Front Pirelli 210 SottoZero Serie II 
 - Rear Pirelli 240 SottoZero Serie II 
Size - Front 205/45 R17 - 88V M+S 
 - Rear 235/40 R18 - 95V M+S 
Pressure (cold)
 - Front 2.3 bar (33 lb/in²)
 - Rear 2.6 bar (36 lb/in²)
Tyre studding Not permitted
Tyre chains RUD-matic Classic R48493 snow chains, fitted only on the rear, and only on the approved winter tyres.

Winter Wheels
Type Cast alloy 5-bolt fixing                       
Size - Front 7.5J x 17H2 ET26.3
 - Rear 8.0J x 18H2 ET14.4
Inset - Front + 26.0 mm
 - Rear + 14.4 mm

Thanks Victor 

Thanks Alex. I did my first speed bump (the one with the lump in the middle) and all was good.

Having done a bit of digging, the Exige is almost (within a couple of mm) of my M4, so I think I should be okay, but thank you so much for the offer