free hit
counters
Bonnet Grill - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi

can anyone tell me how the grill is held in place on the holes at the rear of the bonnet that feed the heater / air vents. Mine got removed when I sent the car to paint and the grill I got from SJ is just a flat rectangle with a fold along one of its longest side, am I meant to bend this up and screw it to the bonnet withe self tappers?

ta

Christian 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

According to the parts manual, there’s 3 rivets.

thanks, my manual says screws so they obviously could not make up their minds! Does anyone have a picture of this area on a S3 turbo?

ta

Christian

Apologies Christian, I was looking at my later car.

In that case, you're correct - 5 screws, 5 inserts and the usual sealant.

Ah ha perfect. Any idea why SJ have put a return on the long side of the rectangle of gauze?

BTW tip to anyone rebuilding an Esprit, buy all the possible sizes of aluminium rivets (3.2mm and 4mm dia) and 3mm backing washers, you will need them all!

19 minutes ago, C43 said:

Ah ha perfect. Any idea why SJ have put a return on the long side of the rectangle of gauze?

BTW tip to anyone rebuilding an Esprit, buy all the possible sizes of aluminium rivets (3.2mm and 4mm dia) and 3mm backing washers, you will need them all!

Looking at the manual, I reckon the return is for the rivets, which could well be hidden under the rubber weatherseal. SJ's won't have bent it up for nothing, that's costs money!

yes thats what I went with. I am still not sure I put the weatherseal on the correct way around. I started to glue it in place then pulled it back off and put it the other way around so it lines up better with the rim inside the bonnet.

thanks for the help