free hit
counters
Gear change question - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jamesbilluk

Gear change question

Hi all 

Sorry, me again, just one more question. I have a manual 2011 Evora S at the moment, I’ve not been that impressed with the gear change.

Is the Exige V6 S gearbox the same as the Evora 400? As I’ve heard that was a big improvement from the early Evoras, 

James 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Box is the same AFAIK, but the linkage has been improved over the years. I'm not sure when the various design enhancements happened though.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks :) that doesn’t sound too bad then. I am very tempted with the sport 350 with the exposed linkage!  

30 minutes ago, jamesbilluk said:

Is the Exige V6 S gearbox the same as the Evora 400?

No. The original Exige V6 has the same gearbox (and linkage) as the Evora S. 

The Sport 350 has the newer linkage from the 400. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

I may go to have a look at this Solar yellow Exige- https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-3-5-v6-race-and-premium-packs/8406691 They seem to be offering quite a competitive price for the Evora too, 

Is the Matt black next to the bonnet vent usually a wrap? Almost prefer the look of the front without the Matt black on, 

James 

3 hours ago, jamesbilluk said:

Hi Guys, 

I may go to have a look at this Solar yellow Exige- https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-3-5-v6-race-and-premium-packs/8406691 They seem to be offering quite a competitive price for the Evora too, 

Is the Matt black next to the bonnet vent usually a wrap? Almost prefer the look of the front without the Matt black on, 

James 

As that’s an S then yes likely to be a wrap. CR and 350 is Matt paint unless specd back to body colour

• Thanks 1