free hit
counters
Evora 4xx 'heel and toe' - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pete757

Evora 4xx 'heel and toe'

Just been reading a thread on the V6 Exige forum... regarding 'heel and toe' and the 'protection' that the ECU has in place to basically stop the application of power against brake.

I know there was an ECU 'update' done on the earlier cars (my MY14 SR manual has had this done) that does allow heel and toe without the ECU cutting throttle response, hence fuel flow to the engine. (I have driven some other cars, Toyota and VW etc that certainly do do this really aggressively!). But I have had no issues at all with heel and toe braking/down-shifting driving technique in my S1.

Can anyone on here comment on is heel and toe possible on the 4xx series cars, without the ECU intervening?

Hope this question makes sense...!

Cheers guys,

Pete :>) 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting thread.  My 2017 400 is somewhat inconsistent when heel and toe-ing.  It's not terrible but no other car I've ever owned has been so finicky with it.  I have always suspected it had something to do with the ECU.  

I'm not the greatest at heal and toe but it works OK when I attempt it. Mostly. 

My S1 (or it could be me!) seems inconsistent in non sport mode. For a 3rd to 2nd change it's easy to get a good amount of revs; but 4th to 3rd - hardly anything.

My S1 was the best car for heel and toe I have ever had.  I ended it doing it as a matter of course, even when driving around town.  Second best car is actually my daughters 2007 1.4 Ford Fiesta

I think he means an S1 Elise mate! 

• Haha 1

On 07/11/2018 at 18:22, trcm said:

Heel and toe in an IPS?!

My S1 Evora n/a was a manual

• Like 1

I find H&T extremely difficult, if not "on it", because the brake pedal is so light.

Just watched some of Dr P's vids, again!, and H&T looks like no problem in both the 410 and 430. So question answered... ECU behaves! 👍