free hit
counters
Just bought a modified Nautilus Blue Esprit V8 - Am I Mad?! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dclare

Just bought a modified Nautilus Blue Esprit V8 - Am I Mad?!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations on the purchase, it looks great. 

I can't offer any advice on its issues but I'm sure PNM will have a good go at fixing it.

@Barrykearley is sure to have some good advice having owned one recently with more than its fair share of issues.

:) 

• Like 1

Bloody hell - that does look nice.

check the actuators on the turbos are nice and free. They are very low slung  and suffer when left standing. PNM are very conversant with these issues.

good luck with her

How can you even think you are mad, or anyone call you mad, for buying a piece of art so beautiful?  Even if you never drive it and just sat drinking a nice claret with a big fat Churchill in your mouth it would be worth every penny you paid for it.

That is one of the nicest looking V8's I've ever seen. The colour combo is just superb. Congratulations Sir, you are a man of taste, adventure and extreme bravery! :animier:

• Like 1

That’s really lovely - congratulations on your new purchase👏👏

Brilliant car Dave. We’re all a bit mad. But that’s cool, the esprit is such a piece of art one has to be a bit mad to truly appreciate it. Guess having 8 pots instead of 4 makes you twice as mad as some of the rest of us. Good luck with the car. Enjoy it!😀

That looks stunning and some very nice performance upgrades. I'm sure Pete will get it back to full health in short order, congratulations :D

23 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Good looking car that, Dave.  Have you still got the X-Bow?

Dave

Hi Greg,

Yep, still got the X-Bow although I have it up for sale at the moment because I need to free up some space - awesome weapon. Ive had some fun with that car! Know anyone that wants one? 

20180924_123208.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on your purchase, it looks great in the picture and on the spec sheet too. I am very envious of a number of items on this list "forged pistons, new liners, chargecooler, hybrid turbos, ARP head bolts, Forge waste gates new fuel tanks, Quaife LSD, Alcon 6 pot front and AP 4 pot rear brakes". I'd like to see some pics of the chargecooler setup when you get the car. 🙂

Mine had been sat for a few years until earlier this year and I found the wastegate capsule springs were badly corroded. These can be rebuilt if all the nuts and bolts holding them together are not too badly corroded as well. However the only impact they had on mine was to bleed off pressure too early and reduce the max boost available. Most scenarios I can think of relating to the waste gates don't seem to prevent boost from arriving on time so I'm a little confused by that. Still there are much more experienced folk on here than me and PNM always get a favourable response on here so I think you are in good hands.

If you feel like you need to replace any of those upgrades with standard parts let me know. 😉

cheers

-Chris

Thanks Chris. My thoughts exactly on the actuators, so like you, not sure what the cause could be....I'll leave it in PNMs good hands to have a quick look and see if there is anything obvious.

I'll be sure to take some pics when the car gets here, if only to see if anyone recognises the set-up, because I'd still like to track down who did the work.

I tried to get the Sport 350 that's been for sale for a while in Canterbury, but its on its way to Oz - it just took them a long time to get the Australian Import Permit.

Lovely, all the right bits in all the right places, and yes you probably are:sofa:.

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on your purchase. I think the problem lies with actuators and also a boost leak. I also think the intercooling system is not helping due to more pipework for boost to travel and likelihood is that also is leaking. 

So back to a stock system problem, most likely one of the lines running to actuators or back to boost controller has either split or become disconnected, hence the delay in boosting. I would say the actuators are then sticking, either springs rusty or build up of crap is causing the over boost.

I live right by PNM, I might pop down when you come to collect it.

The owner prior to the guy you bought it from is called Roy from Doncaster and I used to have his contact details. I'll try and look for them but it's been a few years and I've changed my PC a few times since!

So you 911 991 is that the new 3.0 engine or the classic 3.8? You have a cool car garage btw!

David

On 06/11/2018 at 14:21, dclare said:

Hi Greg,

Yep, still got the X-Bow although I have it up for sale at the moment because I need to free up some space - awesome weapon. Ive had some fun with that car! Know anyone that wants one?

Shame you have to sell it, the Clubsport is a nice spec car.  Not had anyone asking about buying one at the moment.  There are a few cars we have worked on up for sale - but then we have probably worked on most of the UK cars now!  If I hear of anyone looking, I will point them to your ad.

Dave

9 hours ago, superdavelotus said:

I live right by PNM, I might pop down when you come to collect it.

The owner prior to the guy you bought it from is called Roy from Doncaster and I used to have his contact details. I'll try and look for them but it's been a few years and I've changed my PC a few times since!

So you 911 991 is that the new 3.0 engine or the classic 3.8? You have a cool car garage btw!

Hi David,

I should be at PNM sometime around 3.30 - 4pm tomorrow. Be great to say hello and share war stories if you can make it.

If you can find Roy's details it would be great - did you ever talk to him about the mods? 

Our 991C4S is a Gen1 car, so 3.8 nasp....its a fantastic engine that loves to rev and rev, well, its actually a fantastic all-round car. It lives outside and get used as a daily driver that just shrugs off that kind of mundane use and polishes up beautifully when it gets an (occasional) clean! 

Thanks for the comment...I'm just defenceless when it come to interesting cars...

20180407_154225.jpg

Welcome to TLF Dave. :welcome: 

I have never seen an Esprit in that colour, but have to agree with everyone else. It looks brilliant.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

Hi Dave,

I'll try and make it tomorrow and bring my car round. Your Porsche looks great! I had an Evora as a daily car but in the end I needed a 4 door car. I might look at one of these in the future as they are great all round cars!

Regards,

David

11 hours ago, roy3785 said:

Car still looks good. Nice to talk today call if you need to know anything else.

Regards Roy.

Likewise Roy. Good to chat, and many thanks for talking through the mods - you built an awesome car and I want to keep it that way....

Although when you said you were from Finningley I had my doubts - you boys were too busy playing with Vulcans than cars😉😂....and Harworth was under the flight path!

I'll keep you posted on the diagnosis of the misfire.

Good to hear and congrats. Going back to the initial title of the thread, yes surely but who cares. The Christmas period makes me wonder if if I should get a spruce of madness as well... anyone has a S4s for sale cheap... (to be reasonable and keep only 4 pots...)..