Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Riviera - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Riviera

richj

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lovely car! 😎

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

4 hours ago, Jeanvm said:

Normally the reviera's are fully equipped with leather and air conditioning. 

My old Riviera had A/C but no PAS from factory so there's no guarantee that that's an indication.  But there should be a 'Riviera' decal on the rear wing rather than the Eclat decal shown.  A call to Andy at the archive will clear it up.

Regular restorer. Rather less reliable forum poster!

is this JSF 450X? I was at the auction to buy this but went to high for me

if it is that car I spoke to Andy Graham and it is a Riviera which purely means it has the bonnet, roof and boot spoiler. What is strange is that it has no other options. Either someone just really wanted a sunroof or given the date I wondered if it was one of their prototype cars but I never went into that much detail with Andy, I was waiting to see if I managed to buy it. Hope you've had the cambelt changed as its only done 100 miles since about 1988

Hi, Rich,

Well done !

Great find!

I also was bidding. 😀👍

I saw this car when it was up for sale in 2012 in London and was bought by the previous owner.  

I checked it out and it was a basic riviera. 

I wondered if Lotus just ran out of decals?!!!

kind regards, 

Roger 

Thanks Roger..

Would explain a great deal!

Despite the fact I work as motorsport engineer and don't get too excited by most cars, the Eclat has always been a exception.. especially a Chapman era car which means a lot to me personally

Hi Rich, fantastic taste do you have (someone had to tell you this :D )

There were some of the cars which have retrofitted Riviera roofs. I would guess the one in phoenix picture is one of these... we had already traced a car with a VIN from 1980, so before the official Rivieras. It had also the same colour like this one.

Your car is one from the first batch... So I must have a look to your build number neighbors if they had the same decals.

Beside this, it looks very tidy. Keep it like this and show it the world.

And please share the informations of Andy. Thanks.

Hi Roddy and Andy

Thanks for your kind comments on the car...

According to Andy at archives the car is a Dec 81 car and ordered up as a Riviera.... will learn more in due course.

I was relieved to see another car with the same rear quarter decals as mine on the factory floor so a big thank you for that!

Regards 

Rich

your build number neighbor with 2 digits in front of you doesn´t have the decal as well. And as far as I could recognize it, the prominent movie car from  who dare win, with the man, who should be Bond, doesn´t have it as well. And this car is two digits behind you.

Edited by Don.Hasi

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response..

Yeah, just two in black.. I will post the heritage certificate once I dig it out..

Definitely a Riviera I'm pleased to confirm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Im am currently selling a Riviera on behalf of an old friend of mine. Listed here on cars for sale. The car is modestly priced at £7,500. Yesterday I had an email from what I can only think is a dealer telling me the car was overpriced and only valued at £5,000. I have yet to see an Excel, never mind a Riviera with low miles, rebuilt engine and interior as per original spec priced at 5k.

Yes the car has a couple of stone chips on the front panel and 2 small star crazes on the rear offside wing caused by something that moved in the boot many years ago. But 5k !!!!

Just chancing it John as you know from the cock and bull story you got re your Yellow Esprit...

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 1 month later...
On 04/05/2019 at 08:25, johnpwalsh said:

Im am currently selling a Riviera on behalf of an old friend of mine. Listed here on cars for sale. The car is modestly priced at £7,500. Yesterday I had an email from what I can only think is a dealer telling me the car was overpriced and only valued at £5,000. I have yet to see an Excel, never mind a Riviera with low miles, rebuilt engine and interior as per original spec priced at 5k.

Yes the car has a couple of stone chips on the front panel and 2 small star crazes on the rear offside wing caused by something that moved in the boot many years ago. But 5k !!!!

Hi John - I was interested by this on ebay - what happened at Morris Leslie - assume it didn’t make reserve?  How does condition compare to one on this listing - I don’t think pics do it justice!  Apologies if hijacking this thread!