free hit
counters
Window leak - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I've searched, but I couldn't find anything relating to this specific issue.

Water seems to be getting in where the seal meets the top of the triangular mirror section. The glass does not quite meet the seal.

Has anyone had this problem and managed to solve it?

Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think most early cars had their door seal rubbers adjusted to minimise wind noise (my LE did), so perhaps yours missed the warranty work? I think there’s a service bulletin on it - I’ll have a look tomorrow to see.

I get this when I wash the car, but only on my driver side.  It looks to me like the window needs adjusting as the passenger side seals perfectly.  I was going to get mine adjusted on its next service

Okay D,

I've had a look at my car and the door seal is packed out where it meets the top the mirror plinth so it's in contact.  If your isn't you can either a) adjust the seal so it meets the plinth (and once you're happy pack the seal out with sikoflex) or b)  adjust the window runner inwards using the adjustment behind the speaker (but you'll need to remove the door trim first).

Hope this helps,

Steve

Great, thanks. I'll have a look and report back.  

The outer seal on the other side is different/modified at the mirror plinth point - bulkier in a couple of sections - did Lotus introduce a modified seal or would this be an owner/dealer modification?

Thanks, I'll give that a go if my modification to the outer seal fails to stop the ingress.

AJ top tip..........Gummi Pflege those seals chaps...   its the only product to use.. and it sounds way cool too

basically before you all go off looking up on google heres  a link

it will soften your rubbers like new, i use it on my soft top car rubber seals, but i had a small ingress of water on teh evora from teh drivers side door/window seal..  i Gummi Pflege'd them and boom no water...  

i dont drive my car in the rain mind, but it leaked  when i washed the car...   hope it helps

Funny. My 2017 Evora 400 is pooling water in the driver's footwell. Just before I purchased the vehicle, the dealership redid the door seals (I bought it used). I am reading the Repair Order and the tech's notes and it says "replaced door seals and tested. Still leaking, but its now leaking a normal amount"
 LOL

There’s another common leak point around the rubber seal on the steering column, where it goes through the bulkhead. Do you think that might be the source?

• Thanks 1