free hit
counters
1. Simon - An Apology... - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

1. Simon - An Apology...

Bigsi - If you're reading this then it's Sunday, our plans went to plan yesterday.

Hope you like your car mate :welcome::):D:harhar::D:P:D

I just wanted to apologise for the lies and the deceit we've had to plug you with for the last few months. We didn't want to do it, but the surprise would have been rubbish if you knew all about it. Anyway, please forgive us. It's not big to beat people up, so leave us alone eh!

Now stop reading this thread and go out and enjoy your car, happy hooning :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And, of course.......DAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I'll tell you now that I enjoyed meeting you, despite the fact that several of us may have black eyes (Remember it's only big and clever to beat up people with the name Bibs, Troy and Simon)....(and Punky).....(Graham)......(and everyone else involved). I'm also truely sorry for all the times i spoke to you and conversed with you knowing about this.

Enjoy.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hey Dude......

I'm not sorry for breaking your rules and smoking your rubber on the circuit....!!!!!! :D

Also not sorry for lieing to you...... :D

Also not sorry for getting very drunk on your behlaf trying to get the car done.... :P

Also not sorry for all those little things I've done to Troy, and sorry to everyone else who whitnessed them....!!!!! :D:welcome:

Basically i'm not sorry, and I'm too big for you to kick my ass, especially when Troy is so little and fun to pick on.....!!!!! :harhar:

Enjoy, hope I aint crashed it by the time you read this..... If it ended up like the NSX....... then I'll be sorry.....

:P:):D:)

Simon

Chunky Lover

You guys are too much, this is like Back to the Future..... :welcome:

Kudos to everyone who had a hand in this, it was quite the production and fun to watch.

Bigsi, hope you like it and wish you all the best!

1995 S4s

well i am not sorry either Si, the lies and deceit will not happen again ...... promise :welcome:

now go out and enjoy the car :harhar:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

:welcome:

:harhar:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

My apologies too! Very difficult keeping a straight face whilst talking to you at Donny. I apologise also for having too much fun helping out whilst consuming too much vodka at a certain Forum Members pad in S. Wales..........

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

That was a terrific smile on your face Si, sorry I was not there . I was in Paris next Sunday AM.

I think, Therefore I will/was/am away into the future !

Bibs , let me tell you a question, did you taking lots of pics of Si in the restoration that you posted next week ??

Mike.

brain damaged :welcome:

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

More baccy in the next one Mike! :harhar::welcome:

Evora NA

Hi Simon ,

if you are reading this before say 11 pm on Sunday then you are a bad boy as you should be doing non stop hooning in that gorgeous little red number of yours.

Hope Saturday was brilliant for you, sorry about all the porkies but Field Marshall Bibs and General Troy had us under strict orders or else it was this for us.....

fish.jpg

Soon you soon for a hoon

Alex :welcome:

Hi big man.

I'd just like to point out those glasses I was wearing on saturday aren't really mine. :respect:

I also don't have a limp, and the sling my arm was in was false as well.

It was all in the name of self preservation :rofl:

seriously though,

I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed taking part in all of this.

It was like Troy's Esprit engineering school and I have learned a hell of a lot. :lol:

It was also great to meet, hang around with,and work alongside everybody from the forum on a daily basis, other than just for a few hours in a carpark at a Lotus meet.I think its safe to say a lot of fun was had by everybody that took part.

Anyway,enjoy your car dude.......I did :lol:

Guest Troy Halliday

Well by now you know that I have woven a virtual universe of lies and deceit.

Am I sorry ................................Hell NO! :respect:

Simon you would not believe the commitment and good will of everyone involved in this project. You may be looking through the photo's thinking it was a glorified piss up. But let me tell you that the average day was about 16 hours. With most people travelling either 200 miles, if not they were 15 minutes away (inside joke I'll explain later).

Support came from not just those who you see in the pictures getting dirt under their fingernails but from countless members from our international community. Massive support was given from Lotus with technical advice and parts availability. Both Neil and Brian going beyond the call of duty to come to our aid.

Now here is my little thank you to a few members.

To Bibs

Before the handover, we were all nervous about how you would react (especially after just saying you would never, ever take your car on the track!), but after seeing your reaction, am I sorry? Definitely NOT!

I'm so glad you said in your speech that we are more than a community, but a family (albeit a mad one!), because that was the feeling we all had - you could feel the love. Considering the amount of hard graft, the long hours, and the number of people to coordinate, the sustained good humour and team spirit was remarkable. It was a privilege to be involved and I'll remember it for the rest of my life.

My only regret is that you missed out on a bloody good time.

Phil

More speed, less haste

Well I have kept quiet on this one really as the only way I could help was by giving what feels a tiny bit in terms of finance. I truly feel like I should have done more and for that I apologise!

Hugely disappointed that I could not A, make it to the hand over and B,get my hands dirty in the rebuild.

But I would like to take this chance to say well done to everyone that did you are all truly stars and it warms the heart and revitalises the belief in human nature.

As for you Simon not spoke to you for ages now as you obviously have a few more technically knowledgeable people than myself on the speed dial now! :) however I take responsibility for pushing you down this route with encouraging you that you could get the head off with the engine in situ in the first place LOL!

I hope you get the chance to truly enjoy the fruit of their labours and wish you all the best mate

Glyn

Guest Guest_Mark_*

just read about your fantastic efforts on the BBC.

Cost of restoring friends car -

Guest Guest

What a phenomenal gesture by all you guys on here...faith in human nature officially restored!