free hit
counters
Goodwood with Goldtrack on 17/11, Saturday - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
vd9

Goodwood with Goldtrack on 17/11, Saturday

Any one up for Goodwood next Saturday 17/12 with Goldtrack? The weather promises to be great, 30 cars limit with 10 cars on track at the same time (kind of restricted open pit lane), 98dB limit. Should be a wonderful day!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The restricted open pit lane makes for essentially queuing all day (away from all your gear) - wonderful track though.

Was a glorious day yesterday, can't ask for a better weather in the second half of November! :thumbup:

It ended up being sessions, which for some unknown reasons were also really short - 5-6 laps each. Not great, but we still got 60++ laps in total, which I think is not bad at all given short daylight time, need to refuel frequently and few red flags taking out at least one hour for the Goodwood team to clean up the oil from the track. Overall I'm happy with the day and would gladly do it again. :thumbup:

Some observations:

- static noise test was just passed by Sport 350 showing 98dB at close to 5k rpm

- we've got two drive by warnings (limit was 96dB, there is three traps) for the chickane (97.5dB in third gear and getting louder as we were gaining speed) and St.Mary's (97dB in fourth gear also going up). Ended up going in fifth for most of the time only down to fourth in Lavant Corner and Woodcote/Chickane

- knew it before, but happy to refresh the opinion - Goodwood is super impressive, very fast and demanding to get it right. Feels to me like it would take a lot of effort to really go fast around there, but it's greatly enjoyable. Highly recommended!

Edited by vd9

@vd9 Silly me, I didn't twig regarding the thread when we popped over to the circuit late afternoon after being in the area.  We'd turned up just as DP was going out for some laps, mooched around for 5mins then left. We were in the missus' silver MX5 so under the radar somewhat. The car looked great and  sounded very fruity!

12 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

The car looked great and  sounded very fruity!

Thank you, sir! Would be happy to meet there, fingers crossed we'll see each other next Sunday.

We were an unusually big crowd this time with my wife, myself and David joined by Stephanie's parents for a day (I'm trying to sway her father towards becoming excited about the Exige and irreversibly decide he needs one for himself - yesterday was also great in this respect as he was thoroughly impressed by the car (and his basis for comparison does include some rather exciting machines)). When David was going out that was the last few laps before closing time, to finish it off with a nice fast pace. :thumbup: 

Edited by vd9
  • Like 1

I did notice you had an entourage! 😎

It'll be good if I could get out at Goodwood again next year. It escaped me this year. Normally I'm there 2 or 3 times in a season,

1 hour ago, Arun_D said:

I did notice you had an entourage! 😎

With such a lovely weather it turned into a pretty much perfect family outing 😊

1 hour ago, Arun_D said:

It'll be good if I could get out at Goodwood again next year. It escaped me this year. Normally I'm there 2 or 3 times in a season,

Absolutely, I'd be very happy to go there a few times every year. Was a bit surprised with drive by noise level causing (minor) troubles even in stock Sport 350 - perhaps this will justify fitting QT exhaust... 🙄

Looks like there is LoT day on 01/12... Tempting...

Edited by vd9