free hit
counters
Fallout 76 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mpjg

Fallout 76

There has been alot of good and bad things about the fallout 76 game. Anyone getting it? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My life is over. I was officially playing it till 2am this morning @mpjg. Unofficially it may have been 3am.

People complained about it before actually getting it. Much of the claims about it not being as good were because its a Multi Player. There aren't any human AI's in the game period. However many of the old enemies you would fight have been replaced by new Robots, Scorched (Like Ghouls only they are intelligent and shoot weapons) and new Creatures. They also said it wasn't playable solo, but I am now level 10 and Solo all the time as I don't have a Mic so have trouble interacting with other players. 

Theres a new Levelling system where you get "Card packs" with bonus's on them, instead of choosing a bonus. This is better because you can swap cards over whereas in the old game you choose your boost/abilities but once it was there it was there! Mine revolve around Solo play so I get bonus's for playing solo.

There are elements you can do with other players that don't require interaction. There are area's you wander into (like the Airport) and it suddenly comes up with danger music and up pops a "Event Quest". Basically any Player caught in that area have to do the event quest. So in the Airport its killing 5 waves of Scorched. If you are there solo, like me, and there are other solo players then all your kills count towards the quest. It's quite a good system.

There are some negatives. You have to constanty eat and drink which makes killing everything important. But don't eat it without cooking it....for which you need a recipe and the ingredients (Including the wood to cook it). This means you spend equally as much time gathering wood, food and water and cooking it (Water needs to be boiled) as fighting and questing. Especially hard when you have been questing for a while and run out. Even more hard because the food you cook spoils really quickly so you spend ages hunting it and making it and then when you come to eat it all it's rotten and you have to start again! 

The "Base" system where you make yourself a Camp is good. You can build a hut/house etc and workbenches, storage etc. However you only have 500 storage maximum period. So I constantly seem to be at maximum storage but never have enough of one thing or another to keep my equipment good.

Oh Yeah I didn't mention that. As you fire a gun and wear armour it degrades and you constantly have to repair it with hard to find items like Aluminium etc. And Junk isn't as easy to find as in the old game.....

So overall, Yes, get it and enjoy it. It's not perfect but they are improving it constantly........(It can be annoying when your camp gliches and disappears after you have used up all your inventory building it and you have to start again. But these seem like fixable bugs.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I took the plunge and got it. I like yourself kimbers play it solo. The map is so bit that i have only came across one other player online. 

I see what you mean about the food and water. Its a very slippy slope if you forget to collect water and food. 

After playing it, its a decent enough game. Good fun exploring and finding a moleminer when you are out of ammo haha 

Making your own ammo is easy as all you need is scrap lead, iron and gunpowder......oh yeah, and a tinker bench to make it....for which you need loads of stuff you can't find!! DOH!

I have found the perfect place to build my camp but be aware that if the locating system can't find a server where someone doesn't have a camp where yours is, you will spawn without a camp and have to set up elsewhere. MAke sure you save your camp as a blueprint. I lost my armour and gunbench because I didn't save them and didn't have enough scrap to rebuild them! I find it really atmospheric and stunning to look at!

Also, find yourself a place where you know you can go to restock with disposable items. For me that's the Airport. Go out the back and there are loads of hangers many with workbenches but also loads of Junk you need. It respawns so I go there first every time I log on. But beware as its also a group Event quest and if you get caught in it solo you can get your ass kicked!

Also, constantly scrap your junk as it weighs a lot less as component parts and you can carry a lot more. But Beware. If you don't put plenty of points into Strength you can run out of carrying capacity as you go up levels of weapons and armour, which weigh a lot more!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)