free hit
counters
Vehicle Tax moan/rants/whinges - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
andyj007

Vehicle Tax moan/rants/whinges

540 road tax is just a p**** take by our failed incompetent self serving pratts in government..

as a daily commute -- its not even as if your throwing loads of miles on them either1

after having an incident with some asylum seeking eastern european ------"ive  got no  no insurance"  scum of the earth work at car wash for cash centres

i wrote to central government asking  asked why is wasnt possible to add just 5p per litre  to a litre  of fuel that would give basic third party fire insurance and road tax , to at least cover the non non insurance no road tax paying members of our community 

the more fuel you use the  more road tax you pay..  but no..  not even a reply....  there  way too thick to work this out.. 

self serving muppets 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Buy a low emission car then!

I reckon that for about £45 a month, (less that 1/2 tank of fuel), that's actually quite a 'reasonable' cost for all the miles of smiles and enjoyment you get from the Evora. 👍

Petrol tax. Car tax. Car purchase tax. Tax on everything you buy for the car. Parking tax (local authority parking). Revenue vans and camera's.  It's the greatest money making racket in the world. Why would they want to change it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andyj007 said:

after having an incident with some asylum seeking eastern european ------"ive  got no  no insurance"  scum of the earth work at car wash for cash centres

Ahh simple mistake to make. You’ve missed the fantastic multi cultural diversity that the influx of migrants has brought to the uk

• Haha 2

•  

"Buy a low emission car then!  oh i have one of them too...  Rav hybrid. nice £20a year :) but i put and burn more petrol through that than i do my evora..  yet  it only cost me £20 for road tax..

see.. its all BS and not fair..

"I reckon that for about £45 a month, (less that 1/2 tank of fuel), that's actually quite a 'reasonable' cost for all the miles of smiles and enjoyment you get from the Evora"

so little jonny with his evora  'S' pays 540 a year road tax. (sone to be £600 form what ive read )  yet i pay 300. both about the same mpg,  both doing 3-4k miles a year as a toy how is that fair..   its not.. 

its still  rip off what ever way you look at it.. 

the problem is theres  are too many  happy to swallow it... so it continues.. 

put it on the fuel its all fair.. but that too  easy..   we like to over complicate in this country..

anyway  back on thread  track my evora na is lower tax bracket i thought they were all the same.. clearly not. :(

the n/a evora  is good on fuel, last  time i bothered to work it out  it was about 27pg.. smile per gallon a plenty..  couldnt think of a nicer way to spend fuel tokes :)

using my fuel tax system  my 2k miles a year at 5p extra on the gallon (if life were fair)  to cover the tax/insurance  = £100  where as lenny the lorry driver at 60k miles year   30 times further 30 time more pollution   pays  £3000. (which i think is what the poor buggers have to pay regardless of miles )  thats fair if  gov wants to road tax emission based would you say?

If you like having multiple cars like me the high tax rate is an issue.  I have 5 cars (3 Lotus') and collectively do approx only 3k miles each year.  I therefore refuse to buy any car with road tax at the higher tax band.

Patiently waiting for 2023 when all cars including V8/V12s will only cost £140 per year.

• Like 1

mee too i have seven!   (2 lotus)

In Italy, an Evora S pays 2038£ per year for road tax.

it 760£ road tax + 1278£ of supertax.

is linked to the HP

first 5 years, then the supertax becomes 60%

Edited by Ratman

2038... WOW!

The petrol is Italy is expensive as well.

that's why I'll go for an NA..

it is 585£ + 375£ = 960£ "only"...

ah, another "gift" is that you pay the supertax directly to the IRS and they always make a check on your taxes payments in order to see if you can afford it.

• Like 1

I was about to say wasn’t this a largely theoretical argument :hrhr:

• Love 1

Believe me, road tax in UK seems very reasonable compared to a lot of other European countries.

In bhellgium you'd pay around €1800 for an Evora, and well over €2000 for an Esprit V8. And you'd have to pay another €2000 just to register the Esprit. Possibly even more for the Evora, the regulations changed a few years ago (for the worse of course) and not so easy to simulate if you don't have all the details of a specific car.

Which is one of the reasons I drive an old 4-pot Esprit and have the Range Rover registered as a commercial vehicle with no back seats.

Filip

Barry, I've been trying to convince people over here, but to no avail... From time to time I even have to endure EU commission meetings. :( And we don't get a free lunch anymore.

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

But if everyone worked and paid their taxes in Italy the Government would not have to charge this. Cause and effect....

it seems that in Belgium too noone pays taxes....

ahahah!

it is not related, of course, but it is a clichè like  "Pizza, Mandolino, Spaghetti , Mafia", etc

the reason is that Politicians are so stupid that they have not understood that they can make money with drivers in a different way ( country where are born Ferrari, Pagani, Lambo, Dallara, Maserati, Lancia, Fiat, etc) and prefer consider them like lemons to be squeezed.

the supertax is intended to be a tax for rich people, but unfortunately is linked to KW of the car that is not related to its value.

so the results is that it produces no money at all... politicians are stupid, I said and it's true

In the Uk only the super rich, celebrities and coffee shops/online retailers don't pay taxes.  The rest of us, by and large, pay a lot of taxes.  

On 12/11/2018 at 11:55, andyj007 said:

2038... WOW!

Yeah was just about to say, it would be €1800 yearly to tax an Evora in Ireland. 

I’ve heard that a lot of Italians keep their fancy cars over the border in France in order to avoid paying tax on them. I’m not sure whether this is the case, though.

What I do know is I’ve been waiting for a gearbox output shaft gear since July from the TwinDisc factory in Padova, Italy, and there seems to be no sense of urgency whatsoever. Meanwhile I’ve got a boat sat waiting, costing money. Someone should set up a gearbox factory in the UK because service couldn’t possibly be any worse.

Wasn't the GT3 for markets like Ireland/Italy. There have been many cars done that way; the LR Discovery 1 MPi, TVR with a 2.0 Rover V8 come to mind. Insurance for an Evora here would be big bucks too.

12 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I’ve heard that a lot of Italians keep their fancy cars over the border in France in order to avoid paying tax on them. I’m not sure whether this is the case, though.

What I do know is I’ve been waiting for a gearbox output shaft gear since July from the TwinDisc factory in Padova, Italy, and there seems to be no sense of urgency whatsoever. Meanwhile I’ve got a boat sat waiting, costing money. Someone should set up a gearbox factory in the UK because service couldn’t possibly be any worse.

only very rich people can do this, they go to live in Monaco Montecarlo, not in France. but is not a matter of cars (only), but a matter of general taxation. In Monaco live a lot of Rich English people as well.

about your experience with the Italian factory, I can't understand what is conclusion... maybe that all Italians are lazy? I make a different example:

a lazy Italian buys a fantastic English car, let's say a 2013 Evora. Unfortunately, due to the low sales, it is a MY 2011. Suddenly the passenger airbag cover shrinks in orrible way.

the lazy Italian ask Lotus to buy a new airbag cover and discovers that he has to wait from 6 month to one year to have a identical cheap part (but costs like it was gold).

it is the car factory, not the dealer in nowhere-shire and the car is 5/7 years old...

the lazy Italian can have is personal idea that all the English people are lazy more than him

I guess you can’t rush these things! 😉

I'm joking, I'm not interested to open a flame on the stereotypes across the world.