free hit
counters
Cars for sale on EBay.... how have they not spotted this..🙄 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Cars for sale on EBay.... how have they not spotted this..🙄

Steve1

I've just looked on EBay(UK version)and the first 20 cars for sale when you go on New listed are all for sale for 3k. They've all got the same description, and using old pictures of cars that have been for sale before..... BIG SCAM obviously.... please beware...😕

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like the penny has dropped..... now saying sorry no description on the adverts.. I bet though it's caught some people out if they emailed the address that they was giving out, but hopefully not.....SCUMBAGS.....🤬

We've had a huge increase in the spam posting coming onto here from the Esprit/Elise section of ebay in the last 24 or so hours, hundreds of them. The scammers must have worked out a way around ebay's anti-spam software, hopefully they'll plug the hole soon. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The ones I have seen that have been up for £3000.00 are apparently put up by a repeat offender who hacks into genuine accounts and hi-jacks them.

Just checked Ebay - he / she is back with a different account, same vehicles 😕. Account has been reported.

best thing to do is for each of us to report one of these as fraudulent. 

Go to buyer's other items, pick something you fancy - a speedboat or a spaceshuttle for example, then report using the button at the description.

If they swamp us, super-swamp them.

If they send one of ours to the hospital, send one of theirs to the.....oh nevermind.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, pete said:

all that it too time consuming so why not block ebay on here until they sort it

That is an easier option but I'd rather hurt the scammers directly. Make it clear that this Marque will react en-masse.

As I posted in another thread, I was drawn into one of these although the rat does smell quite high quite quickly!!

I presume that they have a fast/easy method to post the listings and rely on only a small fraction playing out for them to succeed. 

Barry may be right in his suggested approach - engage with them, have some fun but mainly consume their time.

Recommended read / listen- "Delete this at your peril - The Bob Servant Emails" 

Here is a 2010 excerpt from the Guardian - you get the idea. Loads of people do this as part of stand up but this is originally from 2007 so probably pre-dates most of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2010/oct/23/emails-solicit-money-king-arawi

This is getting ridiculous. Ebay is stuffed full of these ads, which appear, triggering the bot for this site and then are gone just as quickly.

Its not just Lotus either lots of other Marques, items. The Citroen that hooked me is back on too.

@Bibs might it be worth turning the bot off for a while? It must be consuming lots of your time deleting all these dead end threads. 

Just a thought.

Si

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...