free hit
counters
LED headlights.. - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, nordschleife666 said:

@hamks18psigreat, the 85mm diameter cap fits ok?  What's the depth size of the cap I should get? 

Yes 85mm diameter but they dont look exactly round shape. After put it on, then it works fine.

The depth from the seller description was 68mm but actually just about 61-62mm, I thought they would fail to fit.
In the end, I managed it well. Not sure whether the cap would fall off or not in long term, need to test for a while.
I believe the top back of wheelarch would stop the dust cap falling.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

After road test at nightm, I found the IPF headlights are not bright as I thought, and they are too fused, while high/main beam aftermarket are fine. Then I have checked the LED facing position then figured out why. I have found that our headlight housing is not designed for LED directional, so the flange made my IPF LED light at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position, which is wrong. After today adjustment, LED are facing 9o'clock and 3 o'clock, then everything works well. They are so bright! I am very happy to say I got what I paid for.

Before and After pics are attachedGOPR1070.JPG.b76dc1d881ed5cca18a6d1ae904e5019.JPG

20210402_205226.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hamks18psi said:

After road test at nightm, I found the IPF headlights are not bright as I thought, and they are too fused, while high/main beam aftermarket are fine. Then I have checked the LED facing position then figured out why. I have found that our headlight housing is not designed for LED directional, so the flange made my IPF LED light at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position, which is wrong. After today adjustment, LED are facing 9o'clock and 3 o'clock, then everything works well. They are so bright! I am very happy to say I got what I paid for.

Before and After pics are attachedGOPR1070.JPG.b76dc1d881ed5cca18a6d1ae904e5019.JPG

20210402_205226.jpg

 

20210401_203208.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@hamks18psiTop work!, How did you bring the wires out of the cap and do you have a picture of that?

cheers

Mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

@hamks18psiTop work!, How did you bring the wires out of the cap and do you have a picture of that?

cheers

Mark

If you click on page 2, you would see that I bought IPF HB3 LED which has integrated driver and fan, from Japan, where I got the info from another member @nordschleife666

Then I bought aftermarket dust cap, so everything is covered by the dust cover.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, hamks18psi said:

If you click on page 2, you would see that I bought IPF HB3 LED which has integrated driver and fan, from Japan, where I got the info from another member @nordschleife666

Then I bought aftermarket dust cap, so everything is covered by the dust cover.

Which one did you buy?? Did you buy it on eBay??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cuprapw said:

Which one did you buy?? Did you buy it on eBay??

This is very challenging part, because I have tried two set from eBay, and those seller keep saying "0.5-1 inch" difference from their description, so it is really difficult like trial and error games,

In two set I purchased, one of them are not suitable. The suitable one is from UK eBayer seller. However, I MUST SAY that the depth is just ok for IPF, it is not easy to push the dust cap fully, but 1/3 to 1/2 around the edge, I need to keep pushing and turning clockwise to keep the rubber cap feel tight (not 100% tight) to the light house. If the depth can be longer few more mm, it would be perfect.

If you want to buy, please help email this eBay seller and tell them his product can be great to Lotus community LED light upgrade. Thanks! 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-85mm-Inner-Diameter-Rubber-Housing-Seal-Cap-Dust-Cover-Fits-LED-HID-Headlight/333858168185

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, hamks18psi said:

This is very challenging part, because I have tried two set from eBay, and those seller keep saying "0.5-1 inch" difference from their description, so it is really difficult like trial and error games,

In two set I purchased, one of them are not suitable. The suitable one is from UK eBayer seller. However, I MUST SAY that the depth is just ok for IPF, it is not easy to push the dust cap fully, but 1/3 to 1/2 around the edge, I need to keep pushing and turning clockwise to keep the rubber cap feel tight (not 100% tight) to the light house. If the depth can be longer few more mm, it would be perfect.

If you want to buy, please help email this eBay seller and tell them his product can be great to Lotus community LED light upgrade. Thanks! 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-85mm-Inner-Diameter-Rubber-Housing-Seal-Cap-Dust-Cover-Fits-LED-HID-Headlight/333858168185

Thank you :), sadly I'm going to have to try with another seller as this one does not ship to Spain

What did you do to adapt the spades connectors of the main bean bulb to the new ones ??

Regatds 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, cuprapw said:

Thank you :), sadly I'm going to have to try with another seller as this one does not ship to Spain

What did you do to adapt the spades connectors of the main bean bulb to the new ones ??

Regatds 

If you click on page 2 , scroll down to bottom, you would see how I did it.

I bought something like this, then used plier to lightly press the factory female spade termial, then push the adapter with male spade terminal into it to secure.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-H11-H8-Wiring-Harness-female-Socket-Wire-Connector-Plug-Extension-PigtaW9H/333919116987

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, hamks18psi said:

If you click on page 2 , scroll down to bottom, you would see how I did it.

I bought something like this, then used plier to lightly press the factory female spade termial, then push the adapter with male spade terminal into it to secure.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-H11-H8-Wiring-Harness-female-Socket-Wire-Connector-Plug-Extension-PigtaW9H/333919116987

Thank you :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 04/04/2021 at 19:12, cuprapw said:

Thank you :), sadly I'm going to have to try with another seller as this one does not ship to Spain

What did you do to adapt the spades connectors of the main bean bulb to the new ones ??

Regatds 

Hi Daniel,

You said it was hard to push the dust cap in fully, does it mean a slight larger diameter or a slightly smaller diameter one would be better?  Or it has not enough depth ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/05/2021 at 05:41, nordschleife666 said:

Hi Daniel,

You said it was hard to push the dust cap in fully, does it mean a slight larger diameter or a slightly smaller diameter one would be better?  Or it has not enough depth ?

Hi 

It was not me, I haven't even tried to install the new bulbs yet :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...