free hit
counters
Sunshades Group Buy - Anyone Interested? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
blueg33

Sunshades Group Buy - Anyone Interested?

As you are probably aware it is difficult to find sunshades that fit the Evora properly, but direct sun can warp airbag covers, fade alcantara and cause dash leather to shrunk and split at the seams.

Covercraft in the US produce a custom sun screen for the Evora and after some lengthy discussions they can make them available via their Europe distributor.

They are not cheap at £112 including bag, shipping and VAT, but if I can get a number of orders they can discount by 10 percent or maybe more depending on numbers.

What do people think?

You can order different colours, I am going for gold :)  Link to US website below.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/uvs100-custom-sunscreen.UV

Nick

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seems an awful lot of money for a sunshade?

Yeah they are expensive even at the more reasonable US pricing. Maybe not so vital in the UK, but almost mandatory in sunny US and Middle East climates. Fits the windscreen perfectly—any other generic sunshade leaves massive areas of solar intrusion. 

https://www.inokinetic.com/lotus/evora-sun-shade

I couldn’t find the sunshades for Evoras on their site but could be interested. I would want it shipped within the USA though, rather than to UK. 

14 minutes ago, Spinney said:

I couldn’t find the sunshades for Evoras on their site but could be interested. I would want it shipped within the USA though, rather than to UK. 

Niche cheaper for you to order from the US site. They are on there.  The link I posted may not work properly but you can get there through the Covercraft.com site.  

4 hours ago, ByJoveByJingle said:

Yeah they are expensive even at the more reasonable US pricing. Maybe not so vital in the UK, but almost mandatory in sunny US and Middle East climates. Fits the windscreen perfectly—any other generic sunshade leaves massive areas of solar intrusion. 

https://www.inokinetic.com/lotus/evora-sun-shade

If can get pretty hot in Europe.  On UK cars airbag panels can warp and leather split, heat/solar gain is a factor.  

I’m interested the US link worked for me. 

Dash mats may also be worth a thought as they protect when driving. But again they are not available for the Evora.

It’s also a matter of what you prefer.

Having one inside the screen keeps it safe I guess but at £100? Ive used something like this for 3 years and not a problem. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windshield-Cover-Beeway®-Protective-Windscreen/dp/B077CY4DVF/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R4J6BN9ETVDQEMKM3HBY

Keeps the interior cool since the sun doesn’t penetrate the glass, found it particularly useful in high temperatures (35+) in the South of France etc

Get the right size and it covers all of the screen &remains firmly on the screen in windy conditions. The edges “trap” in the closed doors easily with the wiper holding down the base of one side whilst a little fettling keeps the other side in place tucked under the clam.

May have been a little fiddly at first but I can now fit it very quickly.

Also helps in U.K. winters using it to protect the screen from frost etc. 

I'm interested too.

Thanks to modern house builders basing their garage dimensions on the original Mini, my Evora has to live outside and we do occasionally see the sun here in Scotland, :lol: .

Sorry!

I am a house builder!

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2018 at 09:23, PaulCP said:

It’s also a matter of what you prefer.

Having one inside the screen keeps it safe I guess but at £100? Ive used something like this for 3 years and not a problem. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windshield-Cover-Beeway®-Protective-Windscreen/dp/B077CY4DVF/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R4J6BN9ETVDQEMKM3HBY

Keeps the interior cool since the sun doesn’t penetrate the glass, found it particularly useful in high temperatures (35+) in the South of France etc

Get the right size and it covers all of the screen &remains firmly on the screen in windy conditions. The edges “trap” in the closed doors easily with the wiper holding down the base of one side whilst a little fettling keeps the other side in place tucked under the clam.

May have been a little fiddly at first but I can now fit it very quickly.

Also helps in U.K. winters using it to protect the screen from frost etc. 

Out of interest, which of these fits the Evora?

@EGTE, TBH I don’t remember but happy to take a look at the precise one I have. 

Will have to wait a week though until we get back from Spain

I will contact Covercraft tomorrow, anyone else interested?

Ok

For those outside the UK I am afriad that you will need to contact Covercraft directly.

In the Uk I see only 1 taker - Alfa-2 Evora.  I doubt that will be enough to obtain a discount, but will check.

• Thanks 1