free hit
counters
Fog Lights - X180 N/A - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DaKa

Fog Lights - X180 N/A

Sadly my car failed its MOT on Friday o/a Fog lights not working and emissions!

I'm working abroad so won't be able to get back to the test centre (Halfords) before my 10 days expires - so I'll just have to waste another MOT fee!

Regarding my fog lights - is there a separate fuse for these? I don't suppose it has any connection with the door cigarette lighters which have also stopped working recently?

I'll create a separate topic/note out about emissions as this came as a surprise - my guess is they didn't let it warm up.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The front fogs have a dedicated fuse (F27) and relay, either of them could be the cause but neither is related to the cigarette lighters.

The rear fogs are on fuse 3, also no link with the cigarette lighters.

I'm surprised non-working front fogs are an MOT failure. Most cars didn't/don't have those anyway.

Filip

14 hours ago, DaKa said:

Sadly my car failed its MOT on Friday o/a Fog lights not working

How did you come to take it for an MOT without checking all the lights were working? :wallbash:

On 19/11/2018 at 07:03, Escape said:

I'm surprised non-working front fogs are an MOT failure. Most cars didn't/don't have those anyway.

Any light fitted to the car must be working. It would pass if they were removed (or worked!). 

The requirement for checking front fog lights only applies to vehicles first used on or after the 1st of March 2018 (section 4.5.1 of the MOT inspection manual).

It was mentioned that the rear fog lights were not working.

Frankly I've never touched or even knew I had.them - I know it's pathetic but who cares if the fog lights don't work except an MOT tester - only ever used in fair weather.

No time to check things in advance or fix them to be honest, will try an independent garage and bung them a few quid to fix I guess, that's after I've checked the fuses kindly detailed above.

Thxs