free hit
counters
lotus @ oldtimer/car trade shows. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gvy

lotus @ oldtimer/car trade shows.

It is striking to see how little lotti I see @ vintage car shows.

The season is there for oldtimer trade shows so today I visited the interclassics Brussels. Again half the halls were filled with porsche 911's. A lot of mercedes too. Of course ferrari's and some lambo's.

But there were also quite a few maserati bora and meraks ( love them) These are rare beasts, but present, some detomaso , A nice series of three generations ford GT40 in white and blue ( lovely)

and there was just 1 lotus esprit......( And that happens rarely, because most of the time there are none).

The esprit was marked S2, but it was a bit of everything. It didn't have the ears ( S2?????? or S1). It did however have turbo style bumpers, slats at the back, turbo ductailspoiler and so on. So a turbo look alike. Asking price was 34500€.

I guess, in the UK a lot more lotti are present at car trade shows, are they?

Geert

Edited by gvy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The same on the MECC Maastricht this year. There was a white S1 same as mine had a full resto done but miss some pieces. Asking price 69d €! It is rarely to see one on a show. So I am glad to see one or two on the same day.

On 18/11/2018 at 21:18, gvy said:

It is striking to see how little lotti I see @ vintage car shows.

The season is there for oldtimer trade shows so today I visited the interclassics Brussels. Again half the halls were filled with porsche 911's. A lot of mercedes too. Of course ferrari's and some lambo's.

But there were also quite a few maserati bora and meraks ( love them) These are rare beasts, but present, some detomaso , A nice series of three generations ford GT40 in white and blue ( lovely)

and there was just 1 lotus esprit......( And that happens rarely, because most of the time there are none).

The esprit was marked S2, but it was a bit of everything. It didn't have the ears ( S2?????? or S1). It did however have turbo style bumpers, slats at the back, turbo ductailspoiler and so on. So a turbo look alike. Asking price was 34500€.

Geert

asking is a thing, but real price will be much lower, prices are going down, but many owners dont want to know that,

its just how it goes,

there is also a new member here in Holland Geert who has bought a LHD S2.2 esprit, orginal dutch deliverd, great to know a car will be droven soon,

On 18/11/2018 at 20:18, gvy said:

Even in the UK it's rare to see more than one Esprit at a large show unless a club stand is present, even rarer to see an Elite or Eclat, there are always loads of Porches often far more Ferrari's or modern Lambos. Very rare to see an old skool Lambo or Maserati though.