free hit
counters
I have admitted defeat🏳️ - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
whatarehughlike

I have admitted defeat🏳️

So that's it, I finally given up on trying to make the stupid Delco Moraine braking system work and I now need some advice.  I have a 1992 SE High Wing and I've seen the thread about ABS deletion which, to me at least, sounds like a good option but at the same time I need a C-Service.

1. Do I do a service first followed by the removal and replacement of said system or vice versa?
  2. Anyone know of anywhere that can do a C service? I'm willing to travel (but not too far) I live on the boarders of Herts and Essex
  3. Finally does anyone know who / a company who can help me get rid of the braking system from hell and replace it with something normal.

I know it's going to cost but quite frankly I value my sanity more, that is until someone gives me the true cost!

Help me please before I give up and take up cycling!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Both at the same time perfectly possible!  Note that Chillidoggy's proven DM replacement is not an ABS solution.  As a wild stab in the dark, I would guess at a total cost of between £3k and £3.5k for everything, notwithstanding any nasty C service surprises.

Edit:  as it's an earlier car, the brake conversion may cost somewhat less as fewer parts may be required.

You explain that you were concerned for her safety when she's in the car, and as such  wanted the braking system to be more reliable.

Then you duck to avid the frying pan.

Weekend away at a Spa. Lovel;y day of pampering for her. Superb meal and a great bottle of wine or three. Then when you get back to the hotel room tell her then. It won't make the battering any less painful but at least she will have to show some restraint and nywy, the cost of the weekend at the Spa is nothing compared to the service and brakes, just a wee smudge on the bank statement.  All good. Life will be better after this.

Given that the only Spa that my wife would want to visit is in Belgium for the 6 hours classic race, this would be what’s known as a win - win situation!

• Haha 1

Now I would never back you up Ian but this actually happened and I quote ( I know I was in this conversation) 

@Chillidoggy “ Yes Dan that Mustang has 560bhp”

Shan ( Chillidoggy’s wife) “ no it has 562” 

23/06/18: Ryarsh Village Fete 

• Haha 1

Sorry to be pedantic Dan, but she’s just told me it was 662bhp, and could you please get your facts straight in future.

• Haha 1

There is absolutely no way I am going to argue with that 

On 19/11/2018 at 11:25, whatarehughlike said:

So that's it, I finally given up on trying to make the stupid Delco Moraine braking system work and I now need some advice.  I have a 1992 SE High Wing and I've seen the thread about ABS deletion which, to me at least, sounds like a good option but at the same time I need a C-Service.

1. Do I do a service first followed by the removal and replacement of said system or vice versa?
  2. Anyone know of anywhere that can do a C service? I'm willing to travel (but not too far) I live on the boarders of Herts and Essex
  3. Finally does anyone know who / a company who can help me get rid of the braking system from hell and replace it with something normal.

I know it's going to cost but quite frankly I value my sanity more, that is until someone gives me the true cost!

Help me please before I give up and take up cycling!

Hi Hugh

I've have had Ian's @Chillidoggy  brake conversion kit fitted by  @Sparky  on my S4, and it has totally transformed the car and just puts a big smile on my face every time I drive the the car.

It sounds like you are close to me, I am in Epping PM me and I will be glad to show you the car and take you for a drive 

• Like 2