free hit
counters
Forum Dns Problems - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Forum Dns Problems

Bibs

Apologies to everyone for the recent problems with the forum.

I renewed the domain name 3 days prior to it expiring however our hosts neglected to process this (they took the money ok though!) and as a result we've been deleted from many DNS servers. I've been on the phone to America to sort this out but it's a bit of a challenge on a Sunday however all being well we'll be back up and running again soon.

We may have to wait for up to 48 hours for re-propagation to the DNS network.

Oh, and thanks to James (tentenths) as I'm currently remoting onto his PC as Orange DNS servers are one of the ones who have got rid of us yet!

Back soon :unsure:

PS Thanks for the 30 odd texts telling me it's broke! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bibs, the following has been working for myself on OS X and should get you online until the DNS changes propagate. In a nut shell you need to add glcforum.com's IP address to your /etc/hosts file - modify /etc/hosts to add the following line:

67.15.173.28 www.glcforum.com

and then goto http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/

(see http://practice.chatserve.com/hosts.html for instruction on other platforms, Windows etc)

deepthought:~ $ more /etc/hosts

##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1 localhost

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1 localhost

67.15.173.28 www.glcforum.com

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Thanks Paul, that's working for me right now.

I've got the support people working as flat as as the 'after hours' guys will on this so hopefully we'll be back to normal shortly :unsure:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

No problem, remember to back the change out once everything's working again - it feels like the "Mary Celeste" around here!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

After holding for quiet some time @ 50p/minute (!) a 30 second conversation has hopefully resolved this issue. The American registrars (Tucows) hadn't updated with the details sent to them so they have been updated manually and the DNS info is now propagating. We'll be back to normal worldwide in 2 - 24 hours.

Really sorry, but in my defence it wasn't my fault!

Evora NA

After holding for quiet some time @ 50p/minute (!) a 30 second conversation has hopefully resolved this issue. The American registrars (Tucows) hadn't updated with the details sent to them so they have been updated manually and the DNS info is now propagating. We'll be back to normal worldwide in 2 - 24 hours.

Really sorry, but in my defence it wasn't my fault!

Glad it appears to be ok again :unsure: gosh i missed you guys ......

purza

silly question time... what is a dns server?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

silly question time... what is a dns server?

Domain Name System server. Underneath the covers, the internet uses numeric IP addresses to find other computers (you will probably have seen these when you set up your internet connection e.g. 192.168.0.1). The DNS servers map the useful "human" names like google.com or lotusespritforum.com to the numeric IP address used by the network.

That is the basic intro :) - Wikipedia goes into more detail: Wikipedia

Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

thanks Purza and Ben, you both posted at the same time

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy