free hit
counters
Suspension - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red vtec

Suspension

I have an 88 Stevens, it currently has protect on the back but they are fit for the bin. What are people fitting these days?  I think on the front it's running the original shocks. I think these could do with replacing as well. I know a while back lotus released an official suspension package. Is that still about? 

What bushes would people recommend?

thanks

chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I used to have protechs on and have recently fitted avo shocks all round with S300 springs. Absolutely transformed the handling!! 

allows you to get the car to ride lower than the lotus bilstein setup however if you go for them the fronts need to be almost at lowest setting. 

I'm in the same situation as regards Shocks. I know the Protec's have been getting a bit of a bad rep for being too soft but is that not due to the springs rather than the shocks?

I have them on the rear with S4 springs and that seems ok. On the front however the springs that were supplied with the shocks were far too soft and definitely need changing. I have been in touch with Protech and they said if the units are serviceable they will referb them for £30 per shock.

Are the S300 springs still available?

I personally like the protechs but there are mixed reveiws on the forum,   Have a word with Barry  Kearly on here,  he fitted the GAZ shocks,  i think they are adjustable also, but on par with the price of protechs iirc,  which are about the cheapest on the market atm regarding alloy adjustables 

A

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 07:32, punky said:

I'm in the same situation as regards Shocks. I know the Protec's have been getting a bit of a bad rep for being too soft but is that not due to the springs rather than the shocks?

I have them on the rear with S4 springs and that seems ok. On the front however the springs that were supplied with the shocks were far too soft and definitely need changing. I have been in touch with Protech and they said if the units are serviceable they will referb them for £30 per shock.

Are the S300 springs still available?

Hi, did you get the protech for the front?

I could not find any and ended with Protech at the rear and Avo in front.

It was an ok combination but I would have preferred same shocks front and rear.

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into them. The Protech on mine have actually cracked where the bolt goes through the bottom. so only good for the bin.

• Confused 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"