Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Any members in Aberdeen? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Any members in Aberdeen?

punky

Hi, this may be a bit of a long shot, but just wondering if there is any one available to go and eyeball an Esprit engine for me in the AB25 area?

I just need someone to confirm it exists and its general condition before I either pay a lot of money and await its delivery or embark on a 1000 mile round trip to collect.

Thanks

Andy.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would absolutely trust and recommend @johnpwalsh from Lotus Rescue. He knows the engines and Esprits inside out and is a top bloke.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Hi Andy

It looks like same Engine I was bid on Ebay and now I also got offer from him. 

And he is not accecpting PayPal because of the cost.

Y.Hotta

P.s  what price  the engine  you got offer for ?

• Gold FFM

Posted on behalf of Hubby as he cant not log on here  as he his away working,

I have seen the post about someone needed to check out an engine, I can do that, also have an engine for sale if can pass the message to who posted it as I cant log on from here.

Andy I have sent you a PM

• Like 2

Very strange I got eBay msg :

"Are you still interested in buying my Lotus engine? The highest bidder proved to be a time waster, he's from Poland and told me to wait around 4 weeks until he's able to come in U.K. to collect it, i am sorry for him but i can't wait so long. If you are still interested please contact me and maybe we can arrange a deal.

Kind Regards,
John"

and offering price :£3000 !

So, be careful  and hope John Walsh will help you to find out !

• Thanks 1

OK, Thanks Yasuo for the Heads up!

Yes, the seller refer's to himself as John and obviously doesn't mind telling a lie.

I only became suspicious during the communication between us once the sale was over. Saying that though, he is still offering me the option to pay cash on collection.

The plot thickens!!!

Just received from Ebay|

MC010 Account Security Communication Partner Warning 

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from  iridia666 through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

So, Andy you should contact Ebay before take any action!

I think there are so many fake on Ebay these days 

Yasuo

• Like 1

Yes me too! It seems that I did smell a rat. Although not until after the sale.

whereupon!

1.He seemed far too keen to get the deal done and get the money.

2. bad spelin and, not grammer good?

3.Was not interested in a phone call to discuss collection and payment.

4.Was being quite pushy in explaining how trustworthy he was. An honest family man with his honest job and his wife and two daughters so can you send the money now!

Also having a good forum community to help confirm your suspicions is worth its weight in subscriptions!

I haven't parted with any money though so no harm done. I'm just disappointed as this package would of been perfect for repairing the fire damaged S4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, punky said:

I haven't parted with any money though so no harm done.

Though you have of course reported the seller to ebay?  Speak to @johnpwalsh, his reputation is spot on, he's a top bloke, and he knows Esprits...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I haven't, but judging by the amount of emails i received from eBay this morning I think they know. It seems it was another hacked account which they say they have now restored.

I have been in touch with John,and told him the situation.