free hit
counters
The Presentation - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

The Presentation

Here's a pdf copy of the presentation book that was given to Bigsi showing some pictures of work in progress, before & after shots and the fun that was had. There is also a complete list of all the work that was done to the car on the last few pages.

The Presentation

I'm afraid converting it to a pdf does degrade the quality of the images a little but it's a huge file otherwise!

Edited by Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's brill Laura! I've downloaded a copy of that, thanks for sorting it out. :unsure:

Thanks very much Laura, have down loadeed a copy to show friends and demonstrate thaat all the world is not wicked.

hi Laura,

its a lovely presentation you put together for BigSi, well worth the effort. Thanks for posting it for us all to take a copy.

Alex :unsure:

Thanks Laura. A good keepsake. :unsure:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

nice one Laura :unsure:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Top job!

2006 LEF Factory Day

2007 Project Bigsi

2008 ????

If this goes on, we'll have an Esprit on the moon!

My old man said the same today. "How the hell are you going to top those 2 events?"

Ahhh, well Bibs, how about getting together for a drinking.....sorry, brainstorming session? :unsure:

Brilliant presentation Laura.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

That's absolutely superb Laura :)

A wonderful memento of a truly inspirational project.

You guys never cease to amaze me! Great support and community! Three cheers for the Presentation! Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Excellent job Laura :) . When you see the list of jobs done to the car it really brings home just what a huge effort has been put in by all involved :yes .

Martyn :)

Fantastic work Laura !! :)

It's really nice to be a LEF member !

(what a diffence you/bibs providing to LEF !)

Many Thanks

Y.Hotta

:)

Great work Laura :)

There's been quite a bit of interest in the project from the folks at work. Now I can show them what all the fuss was about.

More speed, less haste

Great work, Laura. It really gives one an impression of the level of the effort that went into this project and the sheer scale of what the boys did. Even though I have followed the work in this section since it started, I was surprised by just how much you folks did and in such a short time. It's very much like a TV makeover but done properly.

Great stuff by all concerned.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Excellent!!!!!!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Sorry folks, I never posted up the press release. I'll let you know what mags accept it once I hear back :thumbup:

Press Release

Project BigSi - www.lotusespritforum.com

19th June 2007

Author: Bibs

Project Bigsi

Being a virtual club doesn't mean that virtually nothing ever gets done! Internet based car clubs and forums are seeing a huge surge in interest and we at LEF want to show how that being based in cyberspace doesn't detract from what is possible when you get a lot of likeminded individuals together. In less than 3 years www.lotusespritforum.com (or LEF to the members) has gone from strength to strength now boasting over 3,200 members from all corners of the globe. Anyone who owns an Esprit, wants an Esprit or just plain loves the Esprit has been welcomed into the fold.

Taking this to a new level, in the middle of 2006 a member signed up wanting a new car. He found one and did a straight swap with his concours Fairlady for a S3 Esprit Turbo which once home was found lacking in pretty much all areas despite a thorough inspection pre-purchase. Fortunately, Simon Pritchard, or BigSi as we know him was a dab hand at car restoration and set about the long task of getting his new car to the condition he would like to see it in which would involve many hours of work over many months, or perhaps years, considering the problems with the car.

Unfortunately this was not to be. BigSi's health conspired against him and he developed Reiters Syndrome on top of his existing lung condition which in turn lead to a mini-stroke, or TIA on New Years Eve, the first of five in succession. Despite this, BigSi still insisted on working on the car but when I found out that he had passed out in the drive while attempting to remove the rear callipers one day I decided that enough was enough and it was time that his new friends at LEF stepped in to help, before he did himself some serious damage.

The plan was afoot, a secret area on our web-based forum was set up that all members bar BigSi could see, read and add to. He didn't even know it existed so was completely in the dark about our plans. Our initial appeal for donations towards parts was overwhelming with hundreds of people who had never met BigSi, many of whom are abroad and are unlikely to, sending us what they could spare. Our chief mechanic for the project, Troy Halliday was now refusing payment for his time as long as the smurf jokes stopped (he's 5' 5"

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

you sod... you just made me bawl my eyes out... i just cried like a baby again, but i have tosay this is something that will stay in my heart forever guys, what you all did even now amazes me, and i proudly talk about it t everyne all the time :thumbup:

:thumbup::harhar::)

I'd cut that down from six pages to two aswell! The whole version was a big more detailed and the pics of my ass would have made you cry even more, with laughter! :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Seeing that just made me feel a whole lot better.

Lots of happy memories there.

Bravo

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

well the sunday sport want me topless on the bonnet

Hasn't kimbers got better man boobs??? I am sure we have a pic we could send to the Sport already. If they dont want it try Mens Fitness, thats a gay mens mag isnt it?????