free hit
counters
Exige windshield replacement cost - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Cristiano

Exige windshield replacement cost

Hi,

Could you please tell me what is on average the replacement cost (part + installation) of a front windshield for a Lotus Exige 380 CUP (I guess is the same for any S3 Lotus Exige - right?).

I got a stone chip, covered by my insurance - however I believe they really asked too much money for that work - way too much... I am curious what is the actual cost in UK or other countries (outside Switzerland).

Thank you!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just had mine done under warranty, but needs doing again as the same fault in the black trim surround. All I can tell you is that it "should" be a clam off job, however pulling the clam back a few inches will work. Prices for the kit are on DeRoure I expect.

Again, make 100% sure the black trim is not patchy.....

cheers

Mark

20 hours ago, mark248am said:

If I remember correctly my dealer asked for 2,000GBP for just the windshield 

Total work in Switzerland 4300 CHF, around 3300 GBP. I am wondering how it can cost that much.. the glass of my Audi was 450 CHF, around 1000 with the work.

Were they wearing a mask and carrying pistols?

robbery.... thats obscene...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/11/2018 at 12:46, Mark030358 said:

Just had mine done under warranty, but needs doing again as the same fault in the black trim surround. All I can tell you is that it "should" be a clam off job, however pulling the clam back a few inches will work. Prices for the kit are on DeRoure I expect.

Again, make 100% sure the black trim is not patchy.....

cheers

Mark

What do you mean by patchy? Have you a picture?

2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Were they wearing a mask and carrying pistols?

robbery.... thats obscene...

Fortunately this is covered by the glass insurance, HOWEVER, I kind of feel bad for them. This work costed more than what I pay to cover two cars with full casco for a year... Switzerland...

3 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

My 350 had a screen under warranty for this. I cant find a blasted photo though.

7 hours ago, Andy Norman said:

Here you go... this is the replacement screen. I’ll look for the other pics later on, but sure I have posted them on TLF before.

cheers

Mark

E1A25F1F-F4DF-463D-AB5B-E16838B4CAD4.jpeg

4A312DCB-B8A1-40FA-9253-AA13F03E105D.jpeg

72E00115-2841-4D7C-A33D-C9F81C003EFC.jpeg

On 24/11/2018 at 12:46, Mark030358 said:

All I can tell you is that it "should" be a clam off job, however pulling the clam back a few inches will work.

Pretty sure you would only manage that by sliding the glass, which means it won't seal properly at the bottom corners.

Dave

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

Pretty sure you would only manage that by sliding the glass, which means it won't seal properly at the bottom corners.

Dave

Not sure you can slide it as you would lose the thickness of the sealer ( push out the spacers), but a fair point in not far enough back.

cheers

Mark

Its the same screen as a VX220, Elise, Exige S2 I'm fairly sure. Had two replaced before, both done on my drive and by just lifting the back area of the clam, both times was around £800 but covered by my insurance. Make sure they've done one before.

You can get one with heating elements built in if you wanted from a Lotus dealer in Essex (sorry forgot their name).

Martin S

15 hours ago, MARTIN_S said:

Its the same screen as a VX220, Elise, Exige S2 I'm fairly sure. Had two replaced before, both done on my drive and by just lifting the back area of the clam, both times was around £800 but covered by my insurance. Make sure they've done one before.

You can get one with heating elements built in if you wanted from a Lotus dealer in Essex (sorry forgot their name).

Martin S

It was Essex Autosport that did heated screens for the s2. They took S1 heated screens and bonded on the S2 trim. Not a problem as the screens are identical, it’s just the surround that’s different. 

Not sure if they still do them though