free hit
counters
elite to auction - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
tom kilner

elite to auction

There doesn't seem to be anything growing in this one at all.

Surely that can't be right? ūüėČ

tmp_25397-Screenshot_2018-11-23-21-42-00-1589403888.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

On Baron's site the guide is £5-7k

http://www.barons-auctions.com/view-lot/2681/for-sale-at-barons-auctions-1978-lotus-elite.

The down side is, it may not be ready for intensive use as rubbers etc may have dried out and cracked.

...... It has been dry stored for last 20 years........

It's sold yet u til the auction hammer finishes. Check back I. Early December. Does look like a good one at cheap money. My guess is that it goes for closer to £12k

Certainly seems to be in excellent condition but are those seat belt buckles standard?  What are those handles in the boot?  Is that something on the brake pedal?  Tempted to go for a look just to see how it looks in the flesh, so to speak.

Looks like two stubby screwdrivers, flat and Philips, mounted in a clip. Very neat. 

• Like 1

That looks a properly sorted series 1.

I like it a lot. I think it would be a great buy for somebody. Chassis and trailing arms look immaculate.

Hi all

I was at the auction, there was a lot of interest both in the room and online for the car.In the end it made £10,200 in the room with commission etc so it works out to £11,500 odd to the new owner.

A nice car but it has been standing a while, no history other than the current V5 and a handbook and one recent invoice for some brake work. The car obviously has been well cared for with some rather "interesting" owner upgrades, so its not 100% original.  Personally I felt the car needed a good service / cambelt change and the perished tyres replaced and a bit of time removing all those add on Lotus stickers that were all over the car. Removing the red racing stripes etc and taking the bumpers and mirrors back to original would really make the car.

Compared to the other cars there, the Elite really stood out, and I would love to own one.....one day, just need to find one in gold :)

• Like 1

I was interested in the car but the non standard features including it having been altered from an auto to a manual box put me off.