free hit
counters
Cup 2 Track Pressures? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

Cup 2 Track Pressures?

First time using Cup 2s tomorrow after being on Trofeos for the last three years.

What pressures are people using HOT for track? Thanks 

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

28f 28r worked well for me as a starting point when hot.

I believe Lotus advice was 2.2 bar all round which is 32psi. I found this a bit too high for me.

Yeah I found 32 HOT too high still on Trofeo. Will try 30 first and if need be go to 28. Cheers

www.alias23.com

30/32 front and 32/34 rear works fine for me.

30 psi hot for rear will damage the tire side abnormally. but maybe a geo side effect...

Since changing to Cup 2 tyres I've tried to follow this guide to hot pressures.

https://www.michelin.co.uk/high-performance/sport-driving-FAQ/checking-tyre-pressure

This states a hot operating range on track of 33psi to 39psi depending on application, therefore I started out at 33psi. Clearly higher than others have been recommended.

Mostly I've been quite happy with performance, however I am experiencing issues with my fronts gaining a more than significant layer of molten rubber at the edges of the tread parallel to the water channels after a few sessions in a day. This leads to chronic mid-corner steering vibration, so following this I lowered hot pressure to 31psi, however the issue persists. This makes the car extremely frustrating to drive later on in the day, and clearly would have an effect on how the tyre performs as the actual contact patch is no on these molten gobs of rubber and not on the effective service of the tread blocks.

Has anyone else experienced this or shall I deviate further from the hot pressure recommendation? 

32204851718_d091ef1528_k.jpg

@Arun_D as you know I was running 30F/32R on Sunday so I’ll have a look at my tyres and see how they compare to your wear patterns.

www.alias23.com

On 27/11/2018 at 21:10, 550superfast said:

Are you both running the same neg camber at the front? If not it may skew the comparison.

Very true and good point!

www.alias23.com

I've been doing 370 tracked laps on my Cup2s this year and tried to keep 29F/32R at all times. No problems at all. -1.4 camber in the front and -2.1 in the rear.

57 minutes ago, razad said:

I've been doing 370 tracked laps on my Cup2s this year and tried to keep 29F/32R at all times. No problems at all. -1.4 camber in the front and -2.1 in the rear.

Do you mind sharing your full geo settings? Also, were you able to get that on stock components?

Sorry, was -1.5 in the front.
I guess all cars are individual and with all shims removed it was not enough so we removed the ABS-sensor on front right and attached it a bit higher up.

It's in swedish but you'll figure it out. 😃

IMG_20180522_120009.thumb.jpg.5aa506fb1dc78aa86a058fd42aaebc07.jpg

@razad for sharing! 

I've sent your specs to my dealer and they're going to attempt to do this tomorrow.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BAS said:

@razad for sharing! 

I've sent your specs to my dealer and they're going to attempt to do this tomorrow.

why is your car at the dealer???