free hit
counters
Broken Blower? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Coming home tonight the car felt a little cold, turns out my blowers don’t seem to be blowing... tried all the settings 1-3 and changing direction of flow but no luck. So was frozen on the return back home from Silverstone.

Any idea what the problem is and fix? Thanks

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ciao Imran,

i had the same issue last Thursday coming back from a track day. Exactly like you.

Saturday I visited the dealer. We checked all the fuses in the front and rear fuse boxes but they were all ok.

At the end the problem was the electrical connector of the blower that was faulty.

You can have access from the front access panel and removing the grill and plastic sorround. 

Thanks @FF so your problem was fixed front external panel access vs from inside the actual car - correct?

www.alias23.com

@FF was it a connector or the resistor pack? Reading about similar issues on the S2 and all pointing to a resistor pack replacement which doesn’t sound an easy or low cost fix!

www.alias23.com

Yes Imran. The area is a little bit tight but if the problem is with the connector like me they can fix it without removing the clam. You need a mechanic with small hands😂

If the problem is related to another component you will need to remove the clam

Was the electrical connector 

Hi Imran,

Check out this thread on the playground. Maybe you have the same... hope its not

https://forums.the playground.org/viewthread.php?tid=449885

cheers

2 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Hi Imran,

Check out this thread on the playground. Maybe you have the same... hope its not

https://forums.the playground.org/viewthread.php?tid=449885

cheers

Imran,

And yes the playground link works, just checked :)

Very random... not used the car for a week and a bit... turn the car on and blowers working at full speed and fan speed changes as per the norm. Any idea what happened?

www.alias23.com

15 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Any idea what happened?

Some connection becoming loose when hot? Anything around where you were making changes before the trackday?

Or maybe some witchcraft was there in Silverstone, as my engine misfire also went away and there is nothing for B&C to report on after checking it during the service just now. :thumbup: