free hit
counters
350 rear wing - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red vtec

350 rear wing

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Unlikely. I have one on mine. I actually made a mould out of fibreglass a lot of years back, but it split sadly so I binned it after I’d made my wing.

i eventually managed to get a genuine one but that was over 10 years ago.

For info, there were two widths as well. The earlier ones were about 12” wider.

Many of them also suffered from yellowing in the sun so a lot were replaced under warranty. They’d not used UV stable epoxy.

Some of those recalled ones were knocking around for a while. The South West Lotus centre had a couple. May be worth trying them.

still have one, complete, carbon is newly clearcoated, might sell not sure as yet.

regards Cor

On 07/12/2018 at 14:31, cor said:

still have one, complete, carbon is newly clearcoated, might sell not sure as yet.

regards Cor

Is yours the wider one or the later narrower one?

I’m not sure the reason they went narrower. It could be for regulations regarding body parts being wider than the car (could take pedestrians out) or for aerodynamic reasons.

I know mine provides a lot of downforce as I get a bit of lightness at the front over 100mph which I don’t like.. and that’s with the narrower one. I imagine the wider one would provide significantly more downforce as there is more of the ends in clean air.