free hit
counters
Mr Troy Halliday - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigsi

Mr Troy Halliday

where do i begin??

my first chat with troy was held by means of many repeated posts in my restoration thread, mostly asking for advice and information. Just by his replys i was able to acertain that he was someone who was prepared to offer any help he could when he was online.

not long after i finally spoke with him on the telephone and a good friendship was born. we spoke many times on the phone and msn, sometimes for a few hours. discussing everything and anything but always coming back to the lotus.

not long after new years eve hit me and things went downhill, what many of you didnt know is that troy was usually on the phone to me everyother day at great expense and for long periods of time, making sure i was ok and trying to boost my morale. not long after i finally got to meet him, he arrived in an open top micro swimming pool that was a lotus 7 replica he had built.

he came in like a drowned rat and after a good warm up and cups of hot coffee we spent ages just talking till the early hours. in the morning he was up with the birds.. or should i say my bird!! because of my meds i didnt rise till later, by then he was outside under the car doing things.

we spent that evening talking cars as usual, next day after a good feed he went home.

the rest is history and you all know more than me!!

so why this thread?

well its about the selflessness that troy has shown all the way through this, the support he has shown both myself and my family in more ways than i can explain. i just want to thank troy for everything he has done for us all over the past 5 months.

even now this evening we have been talking about the car and other things.

on behalf of myself and my family we all wish to thank you and let you know how much we all love you as a member of our family.

im proud to cally you my friend, no and evermore.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

He's a legend, albeit a pretty little one! :lol:

I'm glad to be able to call him a friend :unsure:

Ditto to all the above....except I don't think he's pretty.......cute maybe but not pretty! When he came out the doctor slapped the wrong end!! :unsure:

Also very glad to call him a friend.

I'd never met Troy before this endeavour, but I'm so glad I did. He was utterly unstoppable. From early morning through to the early hours, he just kept on going. Even when the BBQ was on, it was up to the mere mortals to take food into the garage for him. He'll probably hate me for mentioning this, but a few sums suggest that if he'd charged the project garage rates for his time, the bill would have been something like

Troy Halliday.

F****ing legend...it's that simple.

Honoured and priveleged to know you sir.

Bagsy first respray at LEF Engineering!

Rog

It was an honur to work with the worlds smallest mechanic, the smurf man, trying to think of more but failed. Great bloke always got some sort of jibe for me about been a toy boy but always in jest and up for a laugth. Good luck wee man. Johnny5.