free hit
counters
Is the Evora N/A rear bumper the same as the S? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
blundey

Is the Evora N/A rear bumper the same as the S?

Hi Real quicky...

Managed to crack my rear bumper in such as way its hard to fix to a perfect standard at the body shop. Can see a few bumpers on Ebay but they are for the S. Does anyone know if they will go on the N/A? They look exactly the same to me...but want to confirm before committing.

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looking on here the only difference seems to be if it has a camera or not and if it's federal. I can't see an 'S' or 'NA' option apart from the federal cars but there is a revised fixing option so I'd assume you'd need to know which one is on your car.

https://deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=6684&MAK=1&MDL=20&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Many thanks. Mine does have a reverse camera, so guess im out of luck with the two on ebay which both dont. Poop!

Any decent plastic welder (and bodyshop) should be able to fix the crack so that the mend is invisible. Have the bodyshop that you’ve asked got experience of working on plastic cars?

He is well reviewed by many around this way with super cars, he said he can do it no issue, but because of how and where its cracked (basically its a big V shape thats been pushed in and splintered on the edge of the curve) he said he can do it, but he is a perfectionist and said it would not be "PERFECT". It would be invisible, but if looked closely from some angles may see imperfections....

3 hours ago, blundey said:

Many thanks. Mine does have a reverse camera, so guess im out of luck with the two on ebay which both dont. Poop!

Would the camera version not just be an extra hole for the wiring? Certainly a friend of ours had to by an “S” diffuser without reversing sensors and drill them out.

suggest you pop out the camera on yours and take a look to see if it’s that simple. (I’d put a tenner on it :yes:)

These bumpers are made of a weird plastic and don't weld very well at all. Drilling a hole for a camera is dead easy so any of the bumpers you have found will be fine.

Just to add to this, Scotsdave was correct, they weld badly. So autobond of some sort was used and worked really well. Cheaper than a new bumper at least!

Mine was welded just fine. Oh well.