free hit
counters
What I've discovered, one month in - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stewie177

What I've discovered, one month in

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

2. Is a very good point.

I have only driven 100 miles in mile but many other road users just appreciated the car. Dropped jaws, thumbs up etc etc.

When I had my m3, it was just another bmw and always seen as a challenge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan.G said:

2. Is a very good point.

I have only driven 100 miles in mile but many other road users just appreciated the car. Dropped jaws, thumbs up etc etc.

When I had my m3, it was just another bmw and always seen as a challenge.

Unless you happen to be unlucky enough to have a prat in a Fiesta ST close by....:censored:

3 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Unless you happen to be unlucky enough to have a prat in a Fiesta ST close by....:censored:

I will assume he wasn't close for long?

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:46, Mark030358 said:

Mark, I hope your sentiment was derived from his behaviour rather than from his vehicle perhaps being surprisingly quick!

Given even the basic Ford approved Mountune package, as my DD has - all badges removed, of course - and driven entirely responsibly, the aggressive behaviour I occasionally experience from others ("ordinary" BMWs spring to mind)  seems to stem from their presumption that a mere Fiesta shouldn't be able to live in the same motoring envelope as they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdavies said:

Mark, I hope your sentiment was derived from his behaviour rather than from his vehicle perhaps being surprisingly quick!

Given even the basic Ford approved Mountune package, as my DD has - all badges removed, of course - and driven entirely responsibly, the aggressive behaviour I occasionally experience from others ("ordinary" BMWs spring to mind)  seems to stem from their presumption that a mere Fiesta shouldn't be able to live in the same motoring envelope as they do.

Twas a [email protected] on the motorway, M56 to be precise. Right up my ar$e even though there were at least six other cars in front of me, so going nowhere. Not sure what his point was, maybe he wanted to look in the engine bay, but so close he would have rear ended me if I'd have had to brake for any reason....

3 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Twas a [email protected] on the motorway, M56 to be precise. Right up my ar$e even though there were at least six other cars in front of me, so going nowhere. Not sure what his point was, maybe he wanted to look in the engine bay, but so close he would have rear ended me if I'd have had to brake for any reason....

no good if there's heavy traffic in front ,,, I'm always looking for a good bit of sensible competition when im out in my 380 sport hehe

the Porsche drivers are the ones  I like to wind up, 8  out of 10 off them are not looking for any battle at all. 

it makes me wonder why they have them if they don't want to race.

Edited by Forkhandles

I think people don't race Lotus these days as they are a tad slow to be fair,so why bother.

Lotus always say super car performance, but they never old up to any tests 😞

the V6 underperformes  every where, on track, in drag races etc etc.

I don't believe anyone has ever thought that a Lotus is meant to be good in a straight line John, that's not what they're about. A 118bhp S1 Elise is going to be outdragged by pretty much most modern cars but there's still very few cars that can offer the same drivers experience both on road or track by a long shot. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Mannings said:

I think people don't race Lotus these days as they are a tad slow to be fair,so why bother.

do you disbelieve the performance figures they quote?

We need all to be honest I think. When you read an article or you see a comparison video and your car is not the fastest one you get a little bit disappointed. But you need to think about the smile the car stamp on your face every time you drive it. I found on track the cars advertised in the video but I didn't saw any of them passing me😂😂😂

I was surprised at how quick the 4C was vs the M2 Comp, and I think the Lotus having a manual box (much like the manual M2in the vid) made much of the difference. I think most of us would struggle to match Lotus's quoted times for 0-60 whereas my gran could operate launch mode in a dual clutch box.

2 hours ago, John Mannings said:

Had a run at 185.7 mph but was unofficial but 181 wasn’t bad and was quicker to 200 metres than a Konigsegg

Not bad for a non- supercar and 0-60 of 3.2s

67C74010-0CEB-413F-B6AC-099B78938A81.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Tex said:

Had a run at 185.7 mph but was unofficial but 181 wasn’t bad and was quicker to 200 metres than a Konigsegg

Not bad for a non- supercar and 0-60 of 3.2s

67C74010-0CEB-413F-B6AC-099B78938A81.jpeg

nice, do you feel the 3.2 is realistic?

It was my best official time after a number of practice starts .

Car hooked up fantastically , hot tyres etc and no wheel spin. Issue is its not easy to achieve consistently 

On paper, I expected the lotus to fair much better, shame the pilot wasn't awake!

I am very fond of my exige, but i can't really claim it's a 'super car' when it's paired with an M2 and loses.

Supporting claims that it's not a straight line car, here's a vid where it fairs well against cars worth much much more..

sure I read somewhere that the 410/30 benefit 0-60 as they hit that speed in 2nd rather than 3rd; could have been dreaming though 🙂

On 02/12/2018 at 22:31, C8RKH said:

Maybe they do the racing where it should be done. On the track as opposed to the public road.

Andy are you saying you've never had a little blat against another car on a public road? or are you having a little dig old chap!

just for your info I've raced most  circuits  in the uk and many in Spain and what fun it was, you should ditch your pipe and slippers and have a go old boy.

Edited by Forkhandles

@Forkhandles - lol - I'll ditch the pipe and slippers if you ditch the manicures!

"Racing" and "battles" is for the track, spirited driving on the road of course, it's why I live in the middle of nowhere in Scotland as the roads are great, and mostly empty. Well, that and the fact I am an anti-social [email protected]!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

@Forkhandles - lol - I'll ditch the pipe and slippers if you ditch the manicures!

"Racing" and "battles" is for the track, spirited driving on the road of course, it's why I live in the middle of nowhere in Scotland as the roads are great, and mostly empty. Well, that and the fact I am an anti-social [email protected]!

Bet you’ve never tried to see if you can keep up with someone on a trackday either as they would be dangerous...

Those shifts in the Exige were awful. Short shifted lots and even missed one. Now I'm not saying I can do better, or would want to beat my car as hard at launch but still. The 4c is not quicker in a straight line, stock for stock.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Bet you’ve never tried to see if you can keep up with someone on a trackday either as they would be dangerous...

Lol, you're getting confused between track and road my dear boy.

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I have some very dear friends in your neck of the woods , in fact we have just got back from from a stay in Clarkston with the Mackenzies.

Planning on doing  the NC500 next year,,,,,, but on two wheels.

• Like 1