free hit
counters
Rear manifold cat heat vent pipe - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
trcm

Rear manifold cat heat vent pipe

Inevitably perhaps, the paint is peeling off the black duct pipe which guides heat up to the roof vent from the rear manifold cat.

I could paint it I guess, but think it might just disintegrate if I remove it to paint.

Can anyone suggest somewhere I can buy a section of replacement pipe of the right diameter to replace this with?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The black one is neoprene isn't it?

Not sure that would last long in the engine bay 😲

From the link it says the black is good for 200 degreesC.   Would that be good enough?

JJC Flexible Ducting Hose Neoprene Or Silicone Brake / Hot Or Cold Air Induction

JJC single layer ducting hose. Constructed from temperature resistant materials and features a wire helix to allow tight bends to be formed without kinking.

BLACK HOSE:

Single Layer Neoprene

Temperature Range: -50 Up To +200 Degrees C

RED/BROWN HOSE:

Single Layer Silicone

Temperature Range: -80 Up To +310 Degrees C

JJC ducting hose is the perfect solution for brake ducts, air intakes, cockpit ventilation and other low pressure / vacuum applications.

I think cats temps run at up to and beyond 500℉ / 260C, and though the air would be cooler than that, I'd like a bit more margin.

Edited by trcm

Looks good. 

If anyone ends up buying a 1m or 1.5m length, I would be interested in buying a short section. 

hello,

I have a question about this pipe;

do you think that the air is going down to the cat during the ride or it work like a chimney when the car stops?

1 minute ago, Ratman said:

hello,

I have a question about this pipe;

do you think that the air is going down to the cat during the ride or it work like a chimney when the car stops?

Chimney, to remove hot air.

I fitted one of the JJC ones a few months back. Seems to be doing the job fine but the only thing grinding my gears is that its colour now clashes with my engine cover, :rolleyes: .

622799906_DavidMobile060718009.thumb.JPG.a1810276f0a49eb259dc17f5bf2db178.JPG