free hit
counters
Adjustment tips - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Has anyone successfully adjusted their tailgate to improve the fit between the tailgate and the clam?

Following efforts to improve the fit, the tailgate has come down by a few mm but is still not flush. I fear the boot wont open if dialled down further.

As you can see in the picture, it is not ideal and I'm hoping that there's room for improvement. Any tips would be gratefully received, Thanks in advance.

20181130_083811.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That’s a shocking fit. Mine is nowhere near as bad as that. I would be sending that to the dealers to sort out under warranty. 

As much as I love the Lotus brand, it really annoys me how bad the finished articles are given the price point they currently sit at. 

5 hours ago, alias23 said:

Which bolts have you adjusted?

So far, all 3, the central striker pin and the two rubber outers.

The boot release lever is tight, and you can hear the striker rubbing against the plate, so there is a real concern it won't open if I push my luck.

53 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

That’s a shocking fit. Mine is nowhere near as bad as that. I would be sending that to the dealers to sort out under warranty. 

As much as I love the Lotus brand, it really annoys me how bad the finished articles are given the price point they currently sit at. 

My dealership has tried their best, unfortunately I expect better. I've had the car three weeks and have only been able to drive it home.

I'd try the other two rubbers at the front just to check as they may be too high for the ledge they fit on which is causing the gap. If that makes sense.

There are 4 bolts with rubber cylindrical covers on the underside of the hatch which screw in and out to adj the height of the hatch when closed.. am I misunderstanding or have you adjusted these?

8 hours ago, Dan.G said:

The boot release lever is tight, and you can hear the striker rubbing against the plate, so there is a real concern it won't open if I push my luck.

Sounds like there may be a striker mis-alignment issue.  Hard to say without seeing it really.  Offer is there to take a look if you get sufficiently stuck (not wishing to tread on toes!).

Dave

Hopefully the following pictures will help, all 4 have been adjusted, shown with measurements.

20181205_164825.jpg

20181205_164741.jpg

20181205_164709.jpg

That's centre, front and rear.

I did find with mine that there was a fine balance between adjustment of the stricker pin and rubber conicals.

It took me a fair amount of time and patience to get mine right. 

11 minutes ago, alias23 said:

I did find with mine that there was a fine balance between adjustment of the stricker pin and rubber conicals.

It took me a fair amount of time and patience to get mine right. 

Ok, where can I purchase this patience you speak of? I can't find it on eBay..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dan.G said:

Ok, where can I purchase this patience you speak of? I can't find it on eBay..

Sorry didn’t mean it to come across patronising buddy. if you wind the rubbers up is the gap the same, if so then maybe highlights the striker is too long and needs winding in. Just one test maybe. Alternatively take it to Dave 😉

19 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Sorry didn’t mean it to come across patronising buddy. if you wind the rubbers up is the gap the same, if so then maybe highlights the striker is too long and needs winding in. Just one test maybe. Alternatively take it to Dave 😉

I was pulling your leg mate, no offence taken. I was jesting towards my limited patience with regards to this boot haha

• Like 1