free hit
counters
1997 Esprit V8 rebuild - remortgage needed - Page 5 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1997 Esprit V8 rebuild - remortgage needed

• Gold FFM

Sorry you are having to wait for your shocks Dave, but not sorry enough to offer you the Nitrons back. 😇

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little parcel from JAE today.  They have been really good to deal with and hopefully next week I can pick up the liners from Westwood and the engine build can commence.   have just dropped t

Turbos refurbished and ready to go.  Actuators were kept as they were as they were working fine.  

Gearbox bolted up, clutch arm clipped on and in she goes ........   I don’t know why it keeps flipping the images into the side   

Posted Images

23 hours ago, cweeden said:

Sorry you are having to wait for your shocks Dave, but not sorry enough to offer you the Nitrons back. 😇

:rofl:

• Gold FFM
On 05/03/2021 at 21:53, MrJP said:

Ah well this is strange, I was just reading this thread and I realise that the star of the show (R475AAH) is actually the sister car to R482AAH.... the 1998 gold V8 GT press car.  (Nice photo Bibs!)

I’ve been lucky enough to own the R482AAH for the past 15 years or so and the old girl still going strong.

OP, when your car is back on the road we should get them back together again!

That would be great 👍🏻.  Any excuse for a drive out 

85B7FDA8-F4A4-41C4-AA5C-24F7D1334B56.jpeg

On 08/03/2021 at 19:38, dclare said:

:rofl:

I’m still not convinced on my set up with the full Lotac Polybushes and Bilsteins as it does seem a bit crashy.  Waiting for Chris to sort his car out to compare........see you in 2025 😂😂

Good Job!

On 07/03/2021 at 13:21, dclare said:

Mine is R472AAH and was used as one of the motorshow cars when the update was announced. Painted in Nautilus Blue.

According to the letter that came with the CoP it was signed off from production on 24th Sept '97 and then passed to engineering for homologation use (hopefully not crash testing!!).

Currently mine is on axle stands while Im fitting Lotac Bilsteins (I didnt like my Nitrons and sold them to ChrisW for his 350) and a bigger brake master cylinder to go with the bigger brakes. I just wish Lotus would deliver the rear shocks so I can get the job finished....they have been on order since November!

Its good to know that these cars are still around and being loved.

IMG_2697.JPEG

Naughty Lust Blue. One of my fave colours. I bet that looks amazing on a Sunny day.

• Gold FFM
On 13/03/2021 at 07:59, Mightymetro said:

Waiting for Chris to sort his car out to compare........see you in 2025 😂😂

Cheeky Git. (however....) 😇

• Haha 1