free hit
counters
It took 6 months... - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
WayneG

It took 6 months...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks good

Congratulations, that is lovely. From my local dealer too...

Congratulations, fantastic choice :thumbup:

Although Im not really ready to move on my Cup 250 I've been watching that car and thinking about it - for me Auto is the only way to go if I ever have another V6 Exige.

Thanks for the comments.

8 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Congratulations, that is lovely. From my local dealer too...

I pick it up next week so maybe an opportunity for a quick photo shoot somewhere with the cars?

2 minutes ago, duncx said:

Congratulations, fantastic choice :thumbup:

Although Im not really ready to move on my Cup 250 I've been watching that car and thinking about it - for me Auto is the only way to go if I ever have another V6 Exige.

I picked IPS as I will be driving it quite a bit, and I have a bit of a dodgy knee when I'm repeatedly using a heavy clutch. Out of interest though, what makes you say you'd go Auto? I'm still sceptical as I haven't driven an IPS, and I'll be unable to avoid comparing it to the better systems I've owned in the past. I think it's the right move though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WayneG said:

Thanks for the comments.

I pick it up next week so maybe an opportunity for a quick photo shoot somewhere with the cars?

I picked IPS as I will be driving it quite a bit, and I have a bit of a dodgy knee when I'm repeatedly using a heavy clutch. Out of interest though, what makes you say you'd go Auto? I'm still sceptical as I haven't driven an IPS, and I'll be unable to avoid comparing it to the better systems I've owned in the past. I think it's the right move though.

I don't want to upset anyone but....

I've had two Exige 350 Sports, one from new and one from 3 months old. In both cars the gearboxes were very noisy, sounded like tractors, completely ruined the cars for me. I'm also not convinced by the longevity of the clutch in the manual - wouldnt matter if it was a quick job to change the clutch but sadly it's a major and expensive job.The auto box is built by Toyota for the V6 engine so unlike the manual it's actually made for the job

I've never owned an auto in my life but I had a drive of one at Central Lotus and quite liked it, probably not ideal for track use but brilliant for the road. I love the Exige V6 but IMHO the manual gearbox is absolute pants so I doubt I will ever buy another manual V6 :( 

EDIT: Oh and you're right, the clutch is quite heavy and quickly becomes a pain in traffic.

Edited by duncx

I saw that on Howards social media yesterday, what an amazing colour, looks the nuts! Congratulations :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, WayneG said:

Cheddar gorge is less than 10 miles from Howards, it's where they filmed the Exige promo video, probably one of the most stunning scenic locations in the UK for a photo shoot and the twisty roads are Lotus heaven.

11 minutes ago, Steve V8 said:

Cheddar gorge is less than 10 miles from Howards, it's where they filmed the Exige promo video, probably one of the most stunning scenic locations in the UK for a photo shoot and the twisty roads are Lotus heaven.

😳 Always wanted to go there!!! I'll PM you

Congratulations on the car. Love orange on a lotus. Had it on my old S2 Exige, the best colour in my opinion. 

Will he interesting to hear your feedback on the auto box. 

Enjoy the car 👍

Congratulations WayneG for the new V6. The color is fantastic and in my opinion one of the best for the Exige.

I have an IPS as well and I am so happy about the gearbox. Even on track is permorfiming very well and you will not miss the manual gearbox.

3 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Congratulations on the car. Love orange on a lotus. Had it on my old S2 Exige, the best colour in my opinion. 

Will he interesting to hear your feedback on the auto box. 

Enjoy the car 👍

Thanks, will definitely be giving my opinions soon

1 hour ago, FF said:

Congratulations WayneG for the new V6. The color is fantastic and in my opinion one of the best for the Exige.

I have an IPS as well and I am so happy about the gearbox. Even on track is permorfiming very well and you will not miss the manual gearbox.

Good to hear; a little bit anxious about the decision until I get the keys 🙂