free hit
counters
DRLs not working (400) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi folks,

I collected my new to me 2016 Evora 400 last week and have been informed by my other half who I was following in the car that the Daytime Running Lights aren't working!

I have checked and replaced the 3A fuse in the footwell, but still no cigar 😞

Are there any common known issues with the DRLs or module?

Thanks,

Tom

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

He gave a clue that it was the fronts in his OP

"have been informed by my other half who I was following in the car"

16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

He gave a clue that it was the fronts in his OP

"have been informed by my other half who I was following in the car"

Indeed. I need to learn to read and consider. #toobliddy_helpful

• Haha 1

😄 Probably wasn't the best turn of phrase..

"I was informed by the missus, when I was up her rear trying to overtake her, that I virtually blended into the Cambridgeshire morning...."

So... any ideas why neither of my DRLs work?? Sidelights and headlights work OK.  Can they be switched off somehow?

There is a way, but its not a 'switch' as such. Disconnecting a link on one of the connectors comes to mind. ( S1 here)

It may be possible for Lotus to switch them off in the ecu, but I don't see why they would. 

I suspect a faulty module 😞

It was serviced two weeks ago by the previous owner at a Lotus dealer - I wonder if that was something to do with it?

7 hours ago, Bruss said:

There is a way, but its not a 'switch' as such. Disconnecting a link on one of the connectors comes to mind. ( S1 here)

It may be possible for Lotus to switch them off in the ecu, but I don't see why they would. 

S1 DRL's was a wiring patch hack job.  S2 cars have true DRL's that don't dim the dash lights as if the headlights are on.  They are controlled by a programable lighting module. 

Just incase its the obvious issue.

The DRLs turn OFF when the headlights are on. DRLs only operate with no lights and sidelights only. Just incase your looking for them to work when not.

Nope, nothing on at all when the light switch is on ‘O’ 😞

9 hours ago, Julian73 said:

S1 DRL's was a wiring patch hack job.  S2 cars have true DRL's that don't dim the dash lights as if the headlights are on.  They are controlled by a programable lighting module. 

but they do keep working 😉 (so far)

Update - I have taken it into my Lotus Dealer for investigation. They suggest it will probably need two new lights. £1000 worth of parts!

34 minutes ago, hkp said:

Update - I have taken it into my Lotus Dealer for investigation. They suggest it will probably need two new lights. £1000 worth of parts!

If there is power on both sides of the fuse, it is likely to be the DRL module. 

Dave

Both lights failing sounds more than a little unlikely.....

Did you buy it privately? If not - warranty job?

Drl module will be at fault... have replaced a few.. Not heard of the actual lights being faulty.

Check for water in the module connector-located in the passenger footwell where the fusebox is located.

Can only buy as a kit now..£406.36

https://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=47&TBL=6868&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=402063

FYI warranty is 3yrs from the date of registration.

• Like 1