free hit
counters
New (old) Arrival - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MattyB

New (old) Arrival

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

specifically the noise at low RPM's once the box was warm. Sounds like someone grinding up metal. "

That doesnt sound quite right..   mine whisper quiet ..warm or cold  have your  fluids ever been changed.?  think its the 4 or 5th year service .  simple job, makes a big difference to the 1sr and 2nd gear changing.. .. might help with the noise?   hanger 111 did mine... i can check what they used if you like?

Enjoy your car. they're brilliant..

Thanks Andy.

I did a search, and it's a well known issue - plenty of people (even those with 400's) mentioning it, so it's not something I'm overly concerned about, just one of those things to get used to. However, I did find your thread about the gearbox oil. It's due its service next month (8th) so it'll be replaced as a matter of course, hopefully that will improve things.

• Like 1

Congratulations Matt, lovely car you've got there. Sounds very similar to my story, a 150 mile each way drive to an event made me realise that an Elise 111s wasn't a great long distance car and the Evora much better suits my needs. 

3 hours ago, MattyB said:

I've no plans for it, other than getting the SR black pack, but otherwise it'll stay as is

NOOOO!

glad you’ve got it at last. Enjoy, I’m sure you will. I still miss it in many ways.

And yes the radio/nav interface is terrible!

The gearbox was never silent, but it was no noisier than any other. Oil was changed at 4or 5 year service I forget which, but it’s in the book and there’ll be an itemised invoice from back on track   

Enjoy 😀

A couple of old pics. 

341087CE-066F-442F-898D-3B7DA39EA749.jpeg

F83DFF1E-8C54-4D12-97A3-2877B19D6EC1.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MattyB said:

I've no plans for it, other than getting the SR black pack, but otherwise it'll stay as is.

YESSSS!     :harhar: @Colin P

Laser Blue is the colour to have and the black pack enhances it to the nth degree - looks longer, lower and meaner.

What's not to like about this?.........

Mallaig 10.jpg

Congratulations on your acquisition and hope you have many years of enjoyment from it. Nearly 4 years with mine and the smile on my face is permanent, :happydance:.

Congrats mate. Yep, my gearbox makes the same noise. Worried me at first, but been assured it's 'normal'.

Glad you like it and thanks again for the patience with the bloody air con problems. Enjoy it!

Oh and I think Colin’s cd that he left in it when I bought it is still in the glove box 😂

13 hours ago, smartonion said:

Glad you like it and thanks again for the patience with the bloody air con problems. Enjoy it!

Oh and I think Colin’s cd that he left in it when I bought it is still in the glove box 😂

It's an unwritten rule that you always leave an unwanted music CD for the new owner :D

I don't suppose you have an info on the dash cam, do you? I can't see a model number, or find anything matching online?

• Like 1

The CD cost me a new one (was SWMBO’s). The dash cam is a cheapie Chinese job off eBay. If I recall correctly the instructions consisted of some thing like.

”Micro SD card you insert engine on it record and engine stop it terminal” :yes:

The plug for the Radio cost more than the camera. 

Congratulations!  I've shared the road with that car a few times when Colin had it, including over on the Isle of Man.  Pic below.  Mine has the same transmission noise and had it when I bought it at 6 months old.  A Lotus factory engineer came out to listen to it and agreed it was noticeable but not anything to worry about.  Several thousand miles later and there have been no issues.  I use the uprated gearbox oil (there's a thread on here somewhere with the spec) and that makes it slightly quieter as well as making the gear change 3rd to 2nd a bit less sticky.  Although the Lotus service schedule says change it every 4 years I was advised to change it every 2 years, or annually if tracking it.

DSCN3155.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MattyB said:

I don't suppose you have an info on the dash cam, do you? I can't see a model number, or find anything matching online?

Colin's said about all I know. There's an SD card in it I think so it'll be recording. It doesn't hold the date when you turn the ignition off so if you want footage of a specific time it's a bit of a pain to find.