free hit
counters
LOT Spa Francorchamps track day 29th July 2019 - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin67

LOT Spa Francorchamps track day 29th July 2019

I’ve booked the LOT track day at Spa on Monday July 29th. So far there are at least 3 Elise Cups booked, all of who attended last year for what was probably the best event of the year. 

I’m hoping to turn it into a weeklong road trip, same as last year, and considering options for other days. Ideas? LOT has LeMan for the following weekend and one of the Cups has elected for this. My preference is to include a Nordschlief track day and hoping for the happy accident of one being available in either of the weeks surrounding Spa. 

I’ve never been to a track day at LeMan. Worth the trip? 

So, who’s going? It’s always nice to be able to put a face to a name and this will be one of the year’s highlights.  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Too close to Frolic (also LoT) for me.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

That's a shame @CocoPops. Maybe next year then as this is the last year of the French frolic isn't it.

Yup, last Frolic year.

I'm doing Spa (March), Zandvoort (May), Bedford (June), Frolic (August) all with LoT this year :)

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I've done the Le Mans Bugatti circuit a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed both visits. You've got the iconic pits section and down under the Dunlop bridge before some technical stuff around the back. There's also an excellent museum there of Le Mans race cars which is well worth a visit.

Long way from Spa though!

I have also booked LOT days for Goodwood, March, and a Brands Indy evening in May. Will probably get up to about a dozen by year end as I'll try and squeeze in a 2/3 Jan/Feb visits to Bedford, as i did this year. Its a fun track in winter as there is loads of run off.

Thanks for the feedback @Neal H. Much appreciated. As you say, its a long way from Spa!!

Quite possibly. The Spa day in July last year was incredible, as you said.

Sounds like you could be persuaded to repeat @Arun_D and if you can make it out @LF1 you can always have a few laps in mine.

BTW David Pittard will be there. I contacted him earlier for some potential coaching but Walkenhorst Racing have just announced today that he  drives for them again next year and they have expanded his drives. I've taken the liberty of pasting their announcement and perhaps @david_pittard might care to elaborate on this great career announcement.    

Walkenhorst Motorsport

4 hrs · 

Ready for No. 2 ? 

It's David Pittard !!!

We had the honor to welcome David in our Team at VLN 3 in 2018 - he started on a BMW M235iR. From VLN 4 to 9 he was a M6 GT3 Driver and definitely proved his skills. It was amazing to see and even be part of the growth of his performance. "Always smiling" - that is the best describtion for this amazing guy. He is so supportive and interested in learning more that he even joined us at the 24H at SPA - he tried to help wherever he could and we can't sum up how much we value him. At VLN 6 he did it - he was the Pole sitter - the 26 year old set the fastest time for qualifying on only his 3rd outing in a GT3 car. Unbelievable how ambitious this young man is. In 2019 he will be participating with the BMW M6 GT3 at the VLN Championship, the 24H at the Nürburgring and the wonderful Total 24 Hours of Spa 2019. We're looking very forward to it. LIKE.png(Y)

• Like 2

Just booked Bilster Berg 27/7, Spa 29/7 with Lotus on Track. Looking forward to it!!

Also have Goodwood in March and Brands May booked with LoT.

Yep - the July Spa date last year was mega!! Did Tourist Fahren at the Ring on the previous Sunday evening last time. Will look at that for '19 once the Ring post up TF dates for 19. 

• Like 1

So, @Five50 that makes at least two of us doing both Spa and Bilster Berg now. The more the merrier.

I haven't booked it yet but I will 100% be doing Spa again next year. Im also considering bilster berg but it might work out a bit too expensive for me.

• Like 2