free hit
counters
Essex spare wheel - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lotusfab

Essex spare wheel

Anyone have a picture of the spare wheel on an Essex with the Compomotive 4/100 wheels please? Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not the best image but to-hand - I think this was from an Essex / early Compo Turbo - (Thanks to the LEW site). I don't think the space-saver changed much over the years....

Turbo-bonnet-inside.jpg

Edited by nello
  • Like 1

Hope these help Fabian.

Excuse the cobwebs, it's been residing in the shed! There are no id markings on the wheels at all. 

Steve. 

rps20181214_184426.jpg

rps20181214_184537.jpg

rps20181214_184457.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, thanks Steve. That spare looks like it was made from two halfs and welded to achieve the offset. It's identical to the Bond car and Essex pictures. Thanks for the close up,pics they really help.

• Like 1

Any chance you might be able to measure the offset? It's quite easy. If not don't worry I can use the offset measurement on my original spare, it would just be interesting to see if they are the same.

Measure the rim width and half it. This gives you the centre measurement then measure the distance to the wheel face  from the outer edge and subtract. Distance in mm is the negative offset. It looks to be quite a bit. 

Here's the Bond car boot and an Essex pic I found. Same wheels! You can see the same weld marks on the Bond wheel.IMG_5656.thumb.PNG.93a85a82cf0f666a88c920c08b0d6892.PNGIMG_5662.thumb.PNG.4417287d1d1736df349f5e112115ee41.PNG

Yes that's fine, will do tomorrow pm Fabian. 

• Like 2

Ok taken some measurements. 184/92, 114 from face to same outer edge so positive offset of  22mm?

• Like 2