Lotus’ resurgence in worldwide motorsports in Formula 1, IndyCar, WEC LMP-2, ALMS GT, GT-4, GP2, GP3 and the FIA European Rally Championship continues to draw fans to the marque and to the Lotus Cup. The Lotus Cup is for Lotus owners who, whether they’re a novice or experienced racer, would like to exercise their sports cars and take part in competitive racing alongside fellow Lotus enthusiasts. The popular Lotus Cup Series runs in the US, UK, Europe, Eastern Europe, Italy and Japan.
The Lotus Cup USA Series is open to all owners of Lotus production-based cars such as the Elise, Exige and Evora or purpose-built Lotus Racing track cars such as the Exige Cup, 2-Eleven, Evora GTS, Evora GT-4 and the new Exige V6 Cup car.
While the headliner of each Lotus Cup USA Series event will be the road races featuring multiple classes racing together, there are also Time Attack track sessions in which each competitor races the stopwatch and the drivers (per class) with the fastest lap times in the time trial session are awarded the win. A VIP Lotus Evora Performance Driving Experience will be conducted on select Lotus Cup USA weekends providing Lotus owners and prospective owners an opportunity to experience the thrill of driving the Evora and/or Evora S in the safe and controlled environment of some of the best race tracks in North America. Driver coaching is available throughout each Lotus Cup USA weekend with professional driving instructors on hand to help all participants improve their track driving skills and extract the very best from their Lotus sports car.
The 2012 Lotus Cup USA Series begins with the first event this weekend of Saturday and Sunday, March 24 – 25 and continues through eight Western US events, three Eastern US events and one event in the South Central part of the US at Motorsports Ranch Houston:
- March 24 – 25 Chuckwalla Valley Raceway – Chuckwalla, CA
- April 14 – 15 Buttonwillow Raceway – Buttonwillow, CA
- May 11 – 12 Infineon Raceway – Sonoma, CA
- May 24 New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, NJ
- June 23 Oregon Raceway Park – Grass Valley, OR
- June 30 – July 1 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – Monterey, CA
- July (TBD) Virginia International Raceway – Alton, VA
- September 22 – 23 Buttonwillow Raceway – Buttonwillow, CA
- October 18 New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, NJ
- October 27 Motorsports Ranch Houston – Houston, TX
- November 17 – 18 Auto Club Speedway – Fontana, CA
- December (TBD) Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch – Pahrump, NV