US based property developer and car collector, Michael Dezer is dismantling his collection of classic motor vehicles, including 60 that have featured in James Bond films over the years. The cars are or have been on display in his museum in Miami.
Whilst the whole collection will set you back an estimated £20 million, some of the cars may be of specific interest to Lotus collectors, including:
- Lotus Esprit S1 The Spy Who Loved Me
- Lotus Esprit Turbo in white For Your Eyes Only
- Lotus Esprit Turbo in bronze, with skis For Your Eyes Only
- Lotus Esprit submarine model The Spy Who Loved Me (recently found in a scrapyard in the Bahamas and currently undergoing restoration.)
- Lotus Esprit S1 Chassis & Body, possible prop but no provenance as yet
- Lotus Esprit S1 mould
Ideally the 60 car Bond collection will be sold as a whole but there is room for negotiation for the sale of just the Lotus cars as a single lot.
All the vehicles are now based in America, having been sent there following the closure of the Cars of the Stars museum in Keswick, back in 2011 but their sale is being handled by a UK representative, Stuart Donovan. Please contact us for his full contact details. It would be great to think that a UK based collector could repatriate some of the cars, in order that they may be seen and enjoyed on this side of the pond, the home of James Bond!