Terms and conditions of use
Unless explicitly stated, the entire content (content including but not limited to images, text, sound and video files, programs and scripts) of this website is copyright © The Lotus Forums. All rights expressly reserved.
In respect of all material that you may post or send to our website, you grant us a world-wide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish and distribute such material in any media, whether in this website or any other medium, together with the right to sub-licence such rights.
Unless explicitly stated, the content of this website can be accessed (including linked to from other websites), printed and downloaded in an unaltered form (altered including being stretched, compressed, coloured or altered in any way so as to distort content from its original proportions or format) with copyright acknowledged, on a temporary basis for personal use that is not for a direct or indirect commercial use and any non-commercial use. Any content printed or downloaded may not be sold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of The Lotus Forums, including but not limited to:
- transmission by any method
- storage in any medium, system or program
- display in any form other than on public social forums with copyright acknowledged
- performance or broadcast (including, but not limited, to TV, IPTV or Video Websites)
Requests for permission to reproduce material from this website should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The use of this website is further subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. They are subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You agree that you will not use the website in any way that could cause damage to us or bring The Lotus Forums into disrepute, or is in any way unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or is in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful activity.
You must not use our website for the transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect. All material which you post on our website must not be defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, hateful, sexually explicit, discriminatory or inflammatory, or cause distress, harassment or spoil the enjoyment of the website by any person.
You must not post any material which contains any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, or use the website to publish or send spam, junk mail, mass mailings or any other form of solicitation or unauthorised commercial exploitation.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material that is posted upon this website. We will take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of any unsuitable material, including suspending or cancelling your account, restricting your access to our website or commencing legal proceedings against you.
Advertising – by accepting these Terms & Conditions you agree that:-
1. Advertisement copy shall be legal, decent, honest and truthful; shall comply with the British Code of Advertising Practice and all other Codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority: and shall comply with the requirements of current legislation.
2. By submitting your advert, you are requesting that your advert appears on our website. This means that the advert, including your contact details, can potentially be viewed by all persons with Internet access throughout the world. You consent to the publication of your data in this way.
3. The Publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend any advertisement, without ascertaining any reason. Or to make any alteration it considers necessary or desirable in an advertisement and to require artwork or copy to be amended to meet its approval.
4. Advertisements are accepted on the understanding that they comply with the Business Advertisements (Disclosure) Order 1977 which requires all advertisements placed by persons who seek to sell goods, in the course of a business, to make that fact clear in the wording of their advertisements.
5. The Website contains material submitted and created by private and trade advertisers and other third parties. We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from such material, or any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such material.
6. The Advertiser agrees to indemnify the Publisher in respect of all costs, damages, or other charges falling upon the website as the result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement.
7. The placing of an advertisement on this website shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions.
Limitation of liability
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Our liability and responsibility for any damages is limited and excluded to the maximum permissible extent permitted by law, however nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, death or physical injury arising from our negligence. This includes, but is not limited to direct, indirect or consequential damages, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, or any damages whatsoever for any loss of profit, business, contracts, goodwill, data, profits or anticipated savings arising out of, or in connection with, any information on our website.
Some of the pages in our website, include material (including, but not limited to, advertisements) posted by third parties. Individual users and advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other material which they submit to our website and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. The Lotus Forums accepts no responsibility for the content of material posted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. You will be deemed to have accepted any changes to these terms and conditions if you continue to use the website after revisions have been posted.
Governing Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.