On Tuesday 10th September Cinema City, Norwich will host a Regional Charity Gala Premiere of Ron Howard’s new film RUSH in conjunction with STUDIOCANAL & Classic Team Lotus.
FROST/NIXON’s director/scriptwriter, Ron Howard & Peter Morgan, team up for a very different battle of wills: the intense rivalry between legendary Formula One drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda. Hunt was very much the charismatic English playboy, Lauda the no-nonsense, straight ahead Austrian.
Polar opposites pitted against each other in the most dangerous sport in the world, Hunt and Lauda were pushed to the breaking point of their physical and psychological endurance. In the final race to the chequered flag these two men knew there were no short cuts to victory and no margin for error. You make a mistake in this sport and you die. They lived on the edge. They lived for the moment. They lived for the RUSH. Classic Team Lotus are supporting the event at Cinema City and it promises to be a very memorable evening!
Starting from 5pm, tickets include…
• Pre-screening VIP area with a complimentary drink and canapés
• Q+A session (after the main feature at 6.15pm) will be hosted by renowned sports journalist and F1 specialist Michael Bailey with Team Lotus key personnel from 1976 including mechanics Bob Dance & Ian Dawson plus current Team Manager Chris Dinnage who was involved with the filming.
• A Team Lotus Formula One car from the JPS era will be on display
• 1976 Trophy from the Japanese Grand Prix won by Mario Andretti will be on display
• A Team Lotus print in presentation tube, signed by the Team Lotus personnel at the Q & A will be given to each ticket holder.
There will be a raffle with desirable items including a top prize of a ride and drive experience plus factory tour at Lotus Cars.
Tickets are £25 and 100% of the ticket value goes to Classic Team Lotus’s nominated charity: The Care for Life at Home Fund administered by the PBL Support Group (Charity Registered Number 278667)
The fund’s objective is to help the Priscilla Bacon Lodge to provide palliative care in the home for complex cases.
Tickets are available at the Cinema City Box Office, St Andrews Street, Norwich NR2 4AD, via the Phone Room on 0871 302 5724 or online click here.