For the 4th successive year, TLF International Lotus Day was held in conjunction with Mercedes Benz World and Brooklands Museum. A grey start to the day saw attendance slighty down on previous years however after midday the clouds broke and guests enjoyed a lovely, sunny afternoon. The variation of cars attending was as ever, excellent and everyone had clearly made the effort to present their cars in tip-top condition. For some, it was their 4th year at the event but we were pleased to see many new faces and meet with new members.
Our Concours D’Elegance was packed as usually with some very stiff competition in the revamped categories. In honour of last years’ guest judge, our overall winners prize is named the ‘Mike Kimberley’ award and this name will stay. The Concours entrants also had the chance to enjoy a few spirited (and not so spirited) laps of the MBW test track at lunchtime.
The winners this year are:
- Esprit S1 & S2 – Jon Roberts, Esprit S1
- Esprit S3/Turbo – Barrie Cornes, Essex Esprit
- Esprit S4 onwards – Charlie Douglass, Esprit S4
- Evora – Sizona, Evora GTE
- Excel/Elan M100 – ChrisJ, Excel SE
- Pre-1975 – Len Guy, Lotus Cortina
- Elise/Exige & Derivatives – Danny Woolard, Exige LF1
- Overall Winner – John Watson, Lotus Mark VI
Thanks very much to all that entered and to all visitors to the event. We’ll endeavour to give more notice for 2018’s event and look forward to seeing you there.
Huge thanks to nineteen80one.com for the images, click any image in the gallery below to enlarge.